1971 Yieldhouse Saltbox Vintage Dollhouse

adude793

My family just recently relocated, and in moving I found an old box that had a dollhouse kit in it. According the the papers included and postage on the box, it is a kit for a Yieldhouse Saltbox Dollhouse made in 1971. The box had a tattered paper inside of it that actually had instructions on building, as well as a note about a "Best Dollhouse" competition dated to take place between September 1971 and September 1972. The kit is brand new, all the pieces are there, it has never been put together or painted. I'm really just looking for any kind of information about the dollhouse, as I have had quite a hard time finding any information about it online. I'm interested in its history, but I am more interested in whether or not it has any kind of value. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Alex

A quick google search turns up this - did you already find this?

Here is a direct mention of and photo of someone's Salt Box house by Yield House:

http://whoweareandhowwegotthisway.blogspot.com/2014/03/52-ancestors-10-miniatures-my-mom-and.html

This obit mentions the Yieldhouse brand saltbox dollhouse:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.obituaries/kYg9zIBMUXE

As for value, put it on ebay and see what you get. I don't mean to sound rude, but value varies a lot...and there are a lot of kits out there to choose from, so the audience for a vintage rather simple saltbox might not bring in the big bucks. But it will get something. And then there is shipping...good luck.

I used to dream about this doll house in the catalog during the 1970's (ok, maybe even earlier than that). There was a Yield House store in Meredith, NH. Years later, someone gave us what I am pretty sure is this house, put together and primed, for my daughter. She used it for several years. I was never certain her house was the Yield House doll house, but it was massive and solid. I will have to show her the picture in the link and see if she recognizes it - I mostly remember it from the back now.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure of the monetary value but my father designed the saltbox dollhouse for Yield House when he was vice president of manufacturing at their North Conway, NH plant from the late 60s into the early 70s. My younger sister was pictured with the dollhouse in their catalog, and she had one of the dollhouses in her room. Later my father went on to start his own wooden toy company called My Uncle from his workshop in Fryeburg, Maine and his dollhouses sold very well for many years all over the country (sold as kits or assembled),

• Like 2