Garfeild Basement

Corwin

So i just went to home depot, and spent fifty eight dollars on wood, they cut most of the sheives for me but the didn't have any 1/2 inch so they used 3/4 they also couldn't do exact measurments. Well any ways i have a picture of a dry fit,

The two rooms at the back are for the servants, the room in the bottom right hand corner is the kitchen, the one above it is the scullery wher the stairs will come down, (have yet to secure that wall because i don't have mg garfeild yet, i need to know where that dinng room wall is) The far room will be the furnace, and storage, as well as a makeshift lounge for the servants, (the mistress probably won't go down there any ways. :) ) and the middlell be a pull out root cellar,that will also used to store wine. acessable from the yard. I think I will light it all.. the garfeild will sit on this, and have plenty of room for a garden and grounds. one day i will make it a table but for now it will just be a base. :wave:

Im' thinking brick walls for the main rooms,with dirt floors for the servants, stone for the kitchen and dirt walls for both the outside, and inside the root/wine cellar.

Oh and every one thinks i have gone bannas when they saw this. Some parents like when there kids are creative, mine however, fear it. :(

Corwin...Your idea for a basement is great ! Couldn't you have used half inch plywood?? It would have been a lot cheaper. When I find wood that no one wants, I bring it home & store it in my shed. There is a construction company across from my house & when the have scraps left over from a job, they always ask me if I want it before they throw it away. I really must stop hoarding wood....I'm running out of room !!

WOW! Yes, a great idea that I'm sure lots of us Garfield owners will keep in mind. Even thought its such a BIG house, you can always find room from more stuff! I'd love to make a "rec room" and laundry room for my house!

Would you mind making measurements and diagrams for the rest of us when you have a good fit? That would be sooo wonderful. Maybe you could even Market the idea and make some money!! LOL

Ha that would be nice, but all the credit should go to havanaholly, it all her fault :) I just did the plans. I wouldn't mind giving you the dimensions but i want to make sure, im done ,and every thing works. I have it mostly done, but i need to know the exact measurments of the house(everythig prtruding), and then i need to know where the wall is right next to the former kitcen ( I want the hall to be next to the dinnig room) so i cam ajust the stairs, to be in line with that, i have every thing else screwed together, exept that wall, If i could find my camera, i would post pics. I can't wait to make it look like it was pulled from the ground! I need LOTS of paper clay.... :thumb:

Wow, You are a brave person to add a basement to the Garfield. I barely have enouugh guts to build the regular kit with it's instructions in front of me!!!! LOL

Sounds like it is going to be a really cool house.

I have a crawl space thing under one of my haunted houses. It was a great place to put the transformers as well as a place to put the inhabitants 'junk'

How will you see the interior once the house is on top?

A lot of older homes have fieldstone walls inside and plaster on the outside above ground level. (at least around here in Michigan)

Adding a basement ot the Garf is a great idea, lots more room, seems like a fun project too, though frustrating apparently.

actualy it's not tobad, i just dont like the way they cut the wood, ther organization,ect. Building it is ok,though.

The front wall in front of the servants rooms can be pulled out after the root cellar It will just velcro on, kinda like disasembilng. I was thinkig of feild stone, but i kinda have my eyey on some nice brick, I guess I'll see! :)

I'll try to post pic's later.

I was tinkig of plaster with bricks showing through the walls what do you think? I also found real stone floors i'm thinking of gettig on ebay..Hmm...

Any ways, I got pictures! :welcome:

1 kitchen

2 scullery

3 boiller room

( will probaby cut a hole in the far wall and add removeable plexi glass)

3 boiller room2

4 servants in side

5 servants front

6 Root cellar/wine cellar

7 kitchen veiw from root cellar (it slides out)

8 the last one i have a room for a curio cabeneit or perhaps a rabit burrow, hmmm...

Wow!!! What a great idea--I am going to keep this in mind for my house which is not up yet but I do have the floor base done. Did you know many of the houses from England that there are plans for do have basements, Lots of luck to you. :):) :wub: :wub:

Some parents like when there kids are creative, mine however, fear it
Considering how quickly you work and what fantastically good results you're getting it sounds like a family of ducks trying to raise a cygnet! You may need to check out Larry Marshall and some of the other male Canadian miniaturists.

all the credit should go to havanaholly,

Actually Tracy's basement bash on her Haunted House gave me the idea...

I was tinkig of plaster with bricks showing through the walls

I think it would look terrific, and you could make polyfill "cobwebs" and maybe some chalk pastel "mildew" & "mould" in the corners... Maybe a secret room with a sliding wine-rack to hide poor, mad Aunt Pearl...

I think it would look terrific, and you could make polyfill "cobwebs" and maybe some chalk pastel "mildew" & "mould" in the corners... Maybe a secret room with a sliding wine-rack to hide poor, mad Aunt Pearl...

He he I like that idea :) hmm, ther's room in my root cellar.... :blink:

Ohhhhh, this is looking so great Corwin! And I must admit to rahter fancy the idea of a hidden room, with or without poor mad Auntie Pearl LOL, or the remains of her....

HUgs

Ohhhhh, this is looking so great Corwin! And I must admit to rahter fancy the idea of a hidden room, with or without poor mad Auntie Pearl LOL, or the remains of her....

HUgs

Hmmm... :devil:

Welll any way i have all the first floor (exluding the pourch and the bay window), most of the second (excluding the master bedroom partinon) (I will add that with velcro after im'done wirring and wallpaper) Ad starting the attic walls (the floors are done)No where near complete but oh so much fun ! :D

I spent eighty dollars so far for lighting/ I have the starting kit for a large house and 100 feet of tape wire, now i need plugs, lights tranformers.......

This is getting exciting! Although, where I'm from, we would have kept crazy Aunt Pearl in the attic :D <Charlene scratching around searching the attic room for the key and wondering why they keep locking her up>

Ah yes the atic
I save the free shoppers that show up in our junk mail, and the newspapers run legal ads every so often that are printed in miniscule type fonts; these are great for papering attic walls, and pink or grey crat felt is close to scale for fiberglas insulation panels :lol:

Some parents like when there kids are creative, mine however, fear it

All three of our sons are brilliant & creative, and were a lot of fun to watch & foster their talents. Yours will appreciate you a lot more once you start bringing in piles of money with your obvious mini artistry. :):clap: