Help with Westville # 8013

Paul Blume

instructions, confusing as to right front wall (6), first floor (1),right wall(7) right bay window floor extension (8),foundation back(7)

Is it best to Paint first?. This is my first kit from "Greenleaf"!

Any help appreciated!

SENIOR need it>

Edited by Paul Blume

Hopefully one of the moderators will move your topic into the Greenleaf Dollhouse subforum.  Then you can make us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.

It is best to begin by assembling the pieces using masking tape or painters' tape, to see how the house goes together, and to sand or shave the tabs & slots for a more perfect fit.  You can also study the house in dry fit, to see what you will want to prime before painting or wallpapering, and what you will want to stain (and therefore NOT prime), as well as where glue will go when you get to that part, as you will want to glue bare wood to bare wood for the best fit & hold (NOTE, you do NOT want to use hot glue; I find a good carpenters wood glue works best for me).  There is a building blog for the Westville here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=view&id=10  I would love to build that kit again, as the one I had & blogged was sold before I ever opened the box!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome:wave:

I know the instructions can seen overwhelming at first. Do as suggested here. "Dry fitting" you will see the parts fit together. If you have something not flush, check the basics first. Like is it the correct side? Upside down?  Take your time. Good luck.