Identify dollhouse

cloudbound

I was thinking it looked rather Real Good Toys-ish myself.  It is a craigslist ad nearby and they're asking $200 for it.  it looks so much like my two Bellinghams and I love them both.  NOT THAT I NEED ANOTHER DOLLHOUSE.  What cute little doggies you have there!  Looks like one of mine, Spike, the sweetest little guy to ever come out of the animal shelter. 

How many dollhouses do you have Holly?  I've met so many people who build them to donate for fund raisers.  Isn't that marvelous?  I have my two Bellinghams (that are my 'keepers), the huge VF800 that I plan (HOPE) to sell, and one smaller hand made dollhouse that I keep here for my granddaughter to play with. 

Right now I have the pub (Glencroft), the FL Cracker house (Magnolia), the White Orchid Christmas house, the farmhouse (Washington 2.0); La Casita, the lighthouse and the Bar Harbor Summer Cottage (two Fairfields all of these houses are 1:24).  I have sold a couple and given away several.  Right now I have a Brimble's Mercantile on the workbench that will be bashed into a home furnishings store with the owner's apartment upstairs, to hold furniture as I make it until I build houses for it to go into.

I also have a porch I was gifted and in the workshop I have four houses for rehab and I forget how many unbuilt kits...

You're right - that's it.  I wasn't really thinking Dura Craft since so many of their floors are the thinner wood.  Once you mentioned it though I found lots of photos of the DC Farmhouse online.  Thanks for your help!

the height of the dollhouse is 22", so that means subtracting the foundation (1 1/2" maybe?) the height of the rooms is short, 7" is so, like in my Bellinghams.  I found that using standard 1:12 scale furniture makes the rooms look cramped.  So this one probably calls for 1:16 or 1:24 size pieces.  Those are much harder to come by.  But it looks like they're got electricity in it - though they make no mention of it. 

I really doubt the rooms are only 7" tall. The attic may be 7" tall, but that's still tall enough to make into rooms. The picture you are showing is of the 2nd version of the Duracraft Farmhouse. The 1st version measured 30" tall and I'm sure the 2nd version is just as tall. I don't know of any dollhouse manufacturer who makes dollhouse ceilings only 7" tall. Even Walmer's small houses (now call Lilliputs by RGT) have 8" tall rooms.

I was able to put together one of these houses for a friend once and I can assure you that full size furniture looks just fine in this house.

• Like 1

Are you getting the dollhouse Patricia? It really is a beauty! I've always loved the rounded steps and edge of that porch.

I really liked a lot of Duracraft's houses, they are a royal pain to build, but some of their architectural details were so interesting!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cloudbound said:

I was thinking it looked rather Real Good Toys-ish myself.  It is a craigslist ad nearby and they're asking $200 for it.  it looks so much like my two Bellinghams and I love them both.  NOT THAT I NEED ANOTHER DOLLHOUSE.  What cute little doggies you have there!  Looks like one of mine, Spike, the sweetest little guy to ever come out of the animal shelter. 

Haha..ty!  I was thinking same for your dog. Adorable! Back to the dh..I like the look of that. I may have to see if I can buy that kit. 

Ooops - the house measures 32" tall.  Apparently the rolling stand that it sits on is 22" tall.  Ha, ha.  So that makes much more sense.  I keep going back to look at the ad but I'm trying my best NOT to buy it.  Its so similar to my Bellinghams...  I really need to behave myself!

Have you noticed that there seems to be a dollhouse size that is in between the 1:12 and 1:24?  I purchased a simple but very sturdy dollhouse already built for my granddaughter to use when she was here.  It came with a lot of furniture pieces that were scaled smaller than my 1:12 size.  I ASSUMED that they must be the 1:24 scale.  So I went to buy a living room set for her dollhouse (on the cheap I might add - but cute enough wood pieces) and when they got here they were way too small.  The eBay ad said they were 1:24 or 'half scale' though.  So how do we determine what the slightly-smaller scale pieces are referred to as.  I don't want more of the super small which I'm thinking must be the actual 1:24 scale.  I just want them scaled a little smaller than normal...  I'll take some photos later of the three different sizes I have for comparison

Overhere the Lundby house is "the" scale, and is oftenreferred to has 16 or 18 scale, so it means that the scale varit depending on Item and dit together visually anyway and will be easier for the small hand to play with.

not much help I suppose :) 

hugs and good luck finding suitable things

Patricia, I had acquired some of the "1/2" scale furniture sets that HBS sold and when I put them into my Fairfields along with the 1:24 kit pieces I had made, the ready-made ones were MUCH too small to work, and further measurement found them to be closer to 1:32.