RGT Alison Jr.

Marian

I used the 40% coupon from hobby lobby and bought the Alison Jr. I just started the build this week. It's a lot heavier than the greenleaf houses. The tower sides and tower are giving me a bit of trouble. Has anyone built this house? I added three new albums with the photos of my Washington, Alison Jr. and a goodwill find I am turning into a general store with the shop keeper who will live above the store.

I haven't built this one, but I have built the Vermont Jr from RGT. Their houses are heavier because they are made of MDF instead of wood. They can be a little fiddly (my current build is a 1/2 scale from RGT) Have you tried emailing RGT about the area you are having trouble with? I found their customer service to be excellent. I also had an extensive dry fit session with both my houses which really helped.

• Like 1

I bought an Alison Jr. from someone who had started it (walls were already together and outside had some splashes of paint, nothing more). It is very heavy and it will be tall once the tower is complete. I'm not very tall, so when I'm working on a big house that is on a table, it can get hard to reach the top.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. I figured out the tower and sides. All is good again. I just had to redo it. I think the house will be beautiful. I want to do the two story addition eventually also. Once this is done not sure what will be next. I still need to finish the General store.