Two bathrooms?

stickyfingers

I'm starting to think of floor and wall coverings for the yellow house, planning out colors, furniture, etc. That house has nine rooms to furnish, and the original owners had a bathroom on each side. I was planning to also do this, but...really? Two bathrooms? Meh.

Here's what I'm planning so far: side that has 4 rooms-kitchen, dining, bedroom and bath. Side that has 5 rooms- living room, office/art room, master bedroom, and that weird partial-room that's attached to the small tower room will be a library/sitting room. So, I'm still left with a smallish room in the middle. I could move the wall that separates the small room and the office/art room, making the larger side a third bedroom and the smaller room into an art room.

What I don't want is any sort of children's room or nursery.

Any other ideas? The small room in question has no windows, and is currently about 6x8. The doorway leads to the bedroom on the other side.  

Walk in closet. That's what I was planning for the big Hofco house. A couple cubbyholes to put shoes in, a shelf for hatboxes, a couple shelves for linens, suitcases on the floor, one rack for clothes, maybe a dresser, a chair to sit on while putting on stockings......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Any other ideas? The small room in question has no windows, and is currently about 6x8. The doorway leads to the bedroom on the other side.  

A safe room for hurricanes or tornadoes? Stock with water, ready-to-eat meals, portable potty, lanterns, and other emergency supplies?

Ooooh! Really liking the dressing room idea! The house is going to be French-ish, so a girly dressing room would be lovely! I could put a proper vanity in there, and maybe an armoire, hat boxes, mirrors. Thanks for the great ideas!

I still think I'll move the wall. That small dividing wall is a bit loose anyway, and I don't like the look of one really big room and one tiny room next to each other. An inch or so will still keep the proportion that it's a secondary room, but will give me a little more room to work with.  

In my bashed Rosedale, I was going to have two bathrooms, one on the 2nd floor and an en suite on the 3rd floor. They would have been right on top of each other and I realized I didn't like the look of that, so I made the one on the third floor a laundry room.

I like the dressing room idea. I saw the photo where you said you're planning to close in a door that leads to a small room -- is the same small room you're talking about here? If yes, you could keep the door so there's access from the bedroom, but also keep the open wall on the other side so you can see the dressing room in better detail. (Sorry if I'm mixing up your rooms, I'm not quite grasping the layout of this unusual house...)

It's looking great, btw! Good work so far on the rehab!

• Like 1

You're killing me!!! You see, reading posts like this is like waiving the needle in front of the heroin addict! Now we are all going to be dreaming about creating dressing and laundry rooms and there goes our nice paid off credit cards!!! We are all such co dependent enablers!!! :O)

• Like 3

Your house is gorgeous!!! :eek:

I second several of the sugestions above, sewing room, wardrobe, laundry, hobby/music room or a mix of game room + study (shelves + chess table). If it's connected to a bedroom then it's fantastic for a wardrobe. Keep up the excellent work ;)

If it is a small room, I'd totally fill it with hatboxes and lace bits and odds and ends from a collection. What fun!

Okay -was anyone else impressed that this house had TWO bathrooms? What a luxury for those little non-peeing dolls...wow!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Okay -was anyone else impressed that this house had TWO bathrooms? What a luxury for those little non-peeing dolls...wow!!

That really is impressive, since many dollhouses don't have any bathrooms included!

8 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

That really is impressive, since many dollhouses don't have any bathrooms included!

This is a fun topic for me - I am still in awe of a two bathroom dollhouse. So, I used to avoid adding miniature bathrooms because I just didn't want to give up the space (a lot of dollhouse bathrooms are HUGE!) to a bathroom...ugh. But, I have since figured out that I do like the challenge of including a small bathroom, or even a "suggestion of a bathroom" in a house. My townhouse (built by someone else) has a tiny bathroom tucked under the stairs - brilliant - it actually has tub-sink-toilet and all under the stairs! And my Glencroft has a bathroom tub and tile floor peeking out from behind door in that almost impossible coved space in the smaller bedroom (you'd have to remove the removable wall to get into the bathroom) - while the rest of that room becomes a study/dressing room and gains a good wall for hanging pictures. So it actually makes the house feel roomier.

Long story- as someone who used to hate mini-bathrooms, I have since compromised and come around to a "suggestion of a bathroom" - like vermouth in a martini.

But TWO bathrooms? LOL - i love that someone did that.

I'm one who HAS to have a bathroom in a dollhouse! However, I don't mind just the hint of one, as a cracked-open door showing a sink, so it isn't actually taking the space, but hasn't been ignored either.

Another thing I MUST have in the dh is a stairway if it's more than one story. Drives me nuts if my little peeps have no way to get up or down!  :frusty:

• Like 1

You're cracking me up!! Really, the house came with TWO fully furnished baths, one on each side of the house. I was going to replicate that (with better flooring and wallpaper) but the more I thought about it, I just couldn't use the space for a bathroom. Yes, it would be kind of cool, but moving that wall just a wee bit will allow it to be something much, much more interesting.

I have a friend that can't stand the thought of a bathroom in her dollhouses, so she just suggests one. She did a brilliant false French door with a photo of a luxurious bath glued to the back side of it in a bedroom. Didn't loose any space, didn't have to actually buy dollhouse toilets, and got the look she wanted. I thought that was so clever!