Help identifying Craigslist Find

Peggy

1 Could someone help me id this house?.  It is on Craigslist for $34.00 and they say is a Greenleaf.  I am a new member here and still learning my way around.  Not even sure if I am posting this correctly.   My original plan was to buy a new Greenleaf but now thinking this may be a good remodel project.  It is all Gothic on the inside which is not my style at all.  What do all of you experienced and talented people think?  

Thank you for your replies.  It was so helpful to know the name.  The Orchid kit sells for only $39.00 from Greenleaf so I think if I have my choice between already being built and building my own, I would rather build my own so will know its quality, etc.  Thanks so much, you guys made that an easy decision.

2 hours ago, Peggy said:

Thank you for your replies.  It was so helpful to know the name.  The Orchid kit sells for only $39.00 from Greenleaf so I think if I have my choice between already being built and building my own, I would rather build my own so will know its quality, etc.  Thanks so much, you guys made that an easy decision.

Hobby Lobby sells the Orchid for $34.99 and you could use a 40% off coupon. 

The instructions for many of the kits say to use hot glue for assembly.  Do NOT do this, unless you want to give it me in a couple of years, when it begins to fall apart, and I can rebuild it properly using carpenter's wood glue (like the Orchid I found unfinished in a thrift store with half its exterior trim gone as a result of the hot glue giving way).

The Orchid is very fun to build and I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a great size that will give you a real feel for building a house. And, you will be able to decorate any way you want. Honestly, it is a lot easier to go for a new build rather than try to fix someone else's work - especially if there is a lot you want to change.

The kit would be much more fun for you than trying to redo someone else's house, I'm glad you decided to buy the kit! The Orchid is one of the cutest of Greenleaf's houses, and it's a great kit for starting out. I've built two of them, (one was for my granddaughter), and I love them both!

See - I'm in the camp of buying built houses, so when I see a house already built for the same price as or less than the kit (which is more common than you think), I tend to go that way. It saves me time and sometimes I really like what they did inside. I guess I am less into decorating from scratch and more into furnishing what is already there.

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone.  I just got home with my new Orchid Kit from Hobby Lobby for $34.99 and 40% off that as Minime (above) told me.  What a great deal!   I can't wait and will try to show all of you how I do, succeed or fail.  Want to take my time, enjoy, and make it special.  I will, however, keep my eyes open for a rehab.  In real life, before retirement, I was a Realtor and also did some rehabbing to real houses on the side, so the idea of finding a neglected miniature really appeals to me.  There is something especially good about bringing a house back to life.  For now, I know I will have lots of questions.  So glad I have found all of you.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Welcome aboard! It's a great little house, and my first build. You can find the enhanced instructions here on the site, and I would highly recommend those if it's your first build -lots of extra diagrams and details. Have fun!

Peggy, you definitely need to look at Linda's Orchid in her album. She did a beautiful job with it!

Thanks for telling me about Linda's album.  Just amazing what the did.  The floors are especially spectacular, the roof is gorgeous, I love it all.  She has set a high standard but also an inspiring one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peggy said:

Thanks for telling me about Linda's album.  Just amazing what the did.  The floors are especially spectacular, the roof is gorgeous, I love it all.  She has set a high standard but also an inspiring one.

I agree, and the fact that it was her first house, just goes to show what amazing talent she has!

OK, this just made me cry! Thank you all so much! I've had a difficult week at work, and this just made my day! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments on the house! I really do love that little house, and even though it took me forever, I learned so much finishing it. Speaking of finished, poor thing has been neglected for a while, and I've done a lot more on the interior since I last posted pictures of it. I need to get the accessories in, pictures hung, etc.  and take some new pics.

• Like 2