Westville Lap Width on Siding

Westons Nana

Can someone please HELP!!! I've read the warm-up sheet several times and it says to glue the 1st strip flush with the bottom edge of wall and then to draw pencil guidelines 5/8" apart starting from the top of the 1st strip and that the siding will overlap one half of the 1st strip. The strips are 3/4" and half of that would be 3/8" not 5/8". Am I over thinking this whole process?

Edited by Westons Nana
typo

I think that after you lap the bottom strip half its width with the second strip, you will use the 5/8" spacing for the remaining rows of strips.  I vaguely remember just going with the 5/8" spacing after the first strip.  I thought it looked OK, and the buyer LOVED it!  Also, I used the warm-up sheet to protect the clear acetate sheet of window & door inserts, and read the instructions sheet.  Having built two or three (or so) Greenleaf & Corona Concepts kits, I tend to use the instructions sheet as a guide, after I've read them a few times and done the dry fit.  If I had built the Westville for myself I would never have sided it, but gone with either stucco (spackling compound) or brick (sandpaper); but that's just me.

• Like 1