Stuttgart Germany Dollhouse miniature shops?

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Travelling all the way to Germany next week for work. I have one free day while I'm there and would like to hit a mini shop or two if anyone knows of any in Stuttgart or Frankfurt? I know it's a long shot, but there really aren't any shops where I live in Australia so I have to take any opportunity as it arises!:D

I couldn't find shops in Amsterdam, however the antique shops had expensive antique silver chandeliers and other mini silver finds. So my suggestion is to inquire about antique shops. My hotel concierge assisted me.

Also check online about museum gift shops.  Sometimes they will carry miniature reproductions

If you like Reutter Porzellan, there is a small factory store in Denkendorf outside of Stuttgart.

http://www.reutterporzellan.com/startpage.html

It is a small store at the factory.  I bought a few items.  No factory tour, but we did see one woman painting thimbles.  My family was determined they would take me there, but it was not easy as there was a lot of road construction with road closures and detours at that time (in 2015).  It did not help that we did not know the German word for detour (we do now).  Hopefully, all the road work has been completed.

I think I have a few pictures we took of the factory store in my Germany Trip 2015 Album in the gallery.

Also possibly do searches for PuppenHaus, Spielzeugmuseum (toy museum). and Historisches Spielzeug and Flohmarkt.  I love the Flohmarkts.  Some of the toy museums we have been to sell a few miniatures.  Have also bought a few miniatures in toy stores and stores that cater to tourists.

I have not looked for miniatures in Frankfurt.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I couldn't find shops in Amsterdam, however the antique shops had expensive antique silver chandeliers and other mini silver finds. So my suggestion is to inquire about antique shops. My hotel concierge assisted me.

Great idea Sable... I'll look into Antique shops... even if they don't have any minis I'm sure they would be lovely to look around anyway.:thankyou:

43 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Also check online about museum gift shops.  Sometimes they will carry miniature reproductions

Another great idea! Thanks Holly. :)

40 minutes ago, thriftymini said:

If you like Reutter Porzellan, there is a small factory store in Denkendorf outside of Stuttgart.

http://www.reutterporzellan.com/startpage.html

It is a small store at the factory.  I bought a few items.  No factory tour, but we did see one woman painting thimbles.  My family was determined they would take me there, but it was not easy as there was a lot of road construction with road closures and detours at that time (in 2015).  It did not help that we did not know the German word for detour (we do now).  Hopefully, all the road work has been completed.

I think I have a few pictures we took of the factory store in my Germany Trip 2015 Album in the gallery.

Also possibly do searches for PuppenHaus, Spielzeugmuseum (toy museum). and Historisches Spielzeug and Flohmarkt.  I love the Flohmarkts.  Some of the toy museums we have been to sell a few miniatures.  Have also bought a few miniatures in toy stores and stores that cater to tourists.

I have not looked for miniatures in Frankfurt.

I love Reutter Christine! Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely look up the factory. I'll be sure to do some research on your other suggestions as well. :thankyou:

I know some miniature shops in Germany but closest to that location maybe only this one http://bm-motorsport.com/. They specialize in miniature cars and dioramas but they also sell Reutter porcelain and other dollhouse furniture and accessories. Shouldn't be hard to find other shops that sell Reutter porcelain, they are quite popular in europe and really excellent quality miniatures, definitely a must if you visit Germany ;)

There used to be a big miniature shop in the Königsbau building in downtown Stuttgart. I don't know if that still exists (been 10 years).

This one still advertises as active:
Puppenstuben-Allerlei
Marktplatz 92/2
Stuttgart, Germany

This one too:

Cinderella Mode in Miniatur

Silvia Leiner

Sonnenbergstr.72

70184 Stuttgart

Tel. +49 (0)711 235565

SBLeiner@aol.com

Not sure if they have many miniatures, but it's the oldest toyshop in the region:

Spielwaren Kurtz

Sporerstraße 8,

70173 Stuttgart, Germany

These one is not too far from Stuttgart:

Barbara's Kleine Welt 
Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße 30
73614 Schorndorf
Tel. +49 (0)7181 - 2 31 35

Margits Puppenhaus Margit & Mareike Altdörfer

Erich-Kästner-Strasse 13

76149 Karlsruhe Tel.: +49 (0)721 - 758 562

For Frankfurt:

J.H.Fuhr GmbH & Co KG

Sonnenstraße 23-31 
35390 Gießen

(about 1 hour away from Frankfurt

Thank you for all your help. I did go looking for a couple of these stores but I got lost... I went to the wrong Marktplatz...(no data on my phone in Germany so couldn't gps myself.. lol) and it was raining and I had people with me who were not "into" it, so I gave up. 

It seems I was only one street away from this one at one point :frusty:

Spielwaren Kurtz

Sporerstraße 8,

70173 Stuttgart, Germany

Oh well, maybe next time I will get a little more notice on my travel schedule and will be able to plan better. :)

Bummer, Sam! Before next time, upgrade your data plan! :D