Working on My Orchid

Peggy

I continue to work on my little Orchid and it is showing a little progress.  At the moment, I have prepared the dormers, am working on the front door BUT I am totally stuck on the bay window.  The illustrated instructions are not sinking into this wee brain of mine so I am giving it a rest and doing things that do not take as much brain power.  I plan to follow LPCullen's tutorial to brick it trying to make it look like my real house.  Wish me luck and patience.  Thanks all for all the great help I find here on the forum.

1478390359926.jpg

1478390434389.jpg

1478390459545.jpg

IMG_20161105_195938.jpg

IMG_20161105_200116.jpg

Looks good so far! I did not enjoy making the bay window. I think I had to sand some pieces down quite a bit to get everything to fit, and then still had to fill in with putty and strip wood. And I did what you're doing- when I got to a part that was making me crazy, then work on something else for a while. There's always something else to do, paint, sand, etc. It all comes together in the end!

Debra said, "It will probably come to you in the middle of the night".   She was right.  I woke up with some insight that I had not had before which includes, like Holly says, spackling and filling in the gaps.  For now, at least all the major pieces are glued  and waiting to dry.  Also have the gable and dormers ready to go.  Going to work on the porch.  It is so nice to be able to share.  I was feeling a bit alone with my frustration till I shared with you all so thanks so much for your input.

Peggy ~ What you have done so far looks great.  I really like your choice of wallpapers.   You'll figure out your window and it will great.  In the garfield bay window I found sanding and wood filler to be quite useful.  Can't wait to see how your bay window turns out.    Thanks for sharing