GOING TO START PAINTING THE BRICKS

Peggy

I finally figured out the bay window, finished cutting out the brick and did the dirty wash.  Just picked up all the paint colors that Linda recommended in her tutorial and ready to start.  The picture I am showing hopefully describes what I am saying I learned:  1) it was not until the bottom of this last side that I think I truly got the technique of drawing the bricks.  I had been kind of dragging the tool to make the lines which created lumps and bumps and a bunch of mortar to be cleaned.  FINALLY it came to be that Linda said to "INDENT" (not dig and drag).  So the bottom half looks much better than the rest of the house.  Also, next time I will be more careful when I roll the clay and lay it on the house.  Some clay was a bit thicker than other places and it created waves in the house, not terrible, but could have been prevented.  Live and learn.  Next time I will do a better job.  Off I go to paint!!  Excited.

IMG_20161111_203152.jpg

IMG_20161111_203137.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for pic, Kathie.  You are right, of course.  My real house is brick, and when I study it, it is not absolutely precise or uniform (not quite like your pic though), and it does give it character.  

Rbytsdy, wow, what an album of houses you have!  Your orchid is wonderful --  love everything.  I wish I had done all my exterior trim white like yours.   What an imagination you must have to think of the chimney.  Everyone of your houses is full of such creativity.  Do you mind if I try to mimic your Orchid porch?   --  you know what they say, something like "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery."