Very cool dollhouse in the Smithsonian

7 posts in this topic

I have had a busy few weeks, and haven't been able to visit the forums as much as I would like, but I came across this house at the Smithsonian http://americanhistory.si.edu/dollhouse/introduction

Some of you have probably seen it before, but I never had. It sure would be fun to furnish all those rooms!

1 person likes this

I'm a huge fan of the Faith Bradford house! It is just as fantastic in person --meets all expectations!

I absolutely love the Faith Bradford house!  Reading about the house and the family that occupied it encouraged me to create stories for my own houses.  Now I can visualize the story before the house is even built!  Thanks for sharing, Kathi!

Those of you who have seen it are so lucky! I'm glad the Smithsonian put so much information on their site so those of us who can't go can read about it and see each room.

I'm very glad that the link mentioned in which of the Smith's museums the dollhouse is located, as the various buildings are strung out along both sides of the Mall, as well as the other half of the Air & Space Museum out at Dulles International Airport!  The American History Museum is so huge that we have spent the day there four different times and have still not seen it all.

1 person likes this

I really like this photo of Faith Bradford - gives you an idea of how huge the house is. I just love that it has so many rooms. And it isn't an intricate design - it is quite simple, but has so many rooms and styles and interesting things - just so much fun and well done.

6a00e553a80e1088340133f5569bc0970b-800wi

1 person likes this