Windows (Storybook Cottage)

debbru

Before I order more windows for my dollshouse (storybook cottage) some of the pattern on the windows is not complete, could this be because I've had the dollshouse for a while or are the windows like that. I hope you can understand what I mean, please let me know if this doesn't make sense 

Thank you for your reply, I don't think you quite understand, if you know the windows for Storybook Cottage they have a diamond pattern on the acetate sheets, mine a complete, should I order new ones or they meant to be like that

I just now went out to the workshop and checked the Sweetheart Cottage in my rehab queue and the diamond pattern goes across the top of the window, and the rest of the window is clear; it's supposed to be like that.

If there are flaws in the pattern you can contact Greenleaf to send you a replacement sheet for the windows:

GREENLEAF DOLLHOUSES
  436 LAKE ROAD
  SCHENEVUS, NY 12155
  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
  Phone: (800) 253-7150
  Fax: (607) 638-9076
  email: customerservice@greenleafdollhouses.com

Some other options:

If you would like to add some old cottage charm to the house, you could cover all of the mullions with thin strips of lead tape. It has a sticky back. Golfers use it to weight their clubs. It can be cut with a very sharp (new blade) eXacto knife or even sharp scissors (although they won't stay sharp very long).

Or if you want to keep them white, run a skinny bead of white puff paint over the lines to give them some dimension.

12 hours ago, KathieB said:

Some other options:

If you would like to add some old cottage charm to the house, you could cover all of the mullions with thin strips of lead tape. It has a sticky back. Golfers use it to weight their clubs. It can be cut with a very sharp (new blade) eXacto knife or even sharp scissors (although they won't stay sharp very long).

Or if you want to keep them white, run a skinny bead of white puff paint over the lines to give them some dimension.

Ooohhh.. These are great idea's Kathie.. I might have to try the lead tape idea on my San Franciscan. :)

8 hours ago, Samusa said:

Ooohhh.. These are great idea's Kathie.. I might have to try the lead tape idea on my San Franciscan. :)

Thanks, Samantha. I'm always trying to think of ways to kick the build up a notch. :D 

This doesn't address your question, but in case you are going to use the original windows it might help you avoid a mistake I made with my Greenleaf Storybook Cottage. 

I didn't line up mine correctly. The bottom white lines are off. 

Looking forward to see your progress. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54971771@N04/16971071762/in/album-72157651556792366/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54971771@N04/16935570986/in/album-72157651556792366/