After 27 years--the dollhouse is finished!

25yearsinthemaking

About 27 years ago, I bought a Real Good Toys dollhouse kit and intended to build it for my young daughters. Well, this working mom at the time never got around to it, but this now retired grandma of 2 granddaughters finally found herself with plenty of time on her hands. I started to build the dollhouse in January of 2015 and finally finished it last week. For those of you feeling discouraged, don't give up. There's a good chance it will all turn out in the end.

dollhouseexterior.jpg

dollhouseinterior.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/26/2016, 5:12:40, 25yearsinthemaking said:

About 27 years ago, I bought a Real Good Toys dollhouse kit and intended to build it for my young daughters. Well, this working mom at the time never got around to it, but this now retired grandma of 2 granddaughters finally found herself with plenty of time on her hands. I started to build the dollhouse in January of 2015 and finally finished it last week. For those of you feeling discouraged, don't give up. There's a good chance it will all turn out in the end.

dollhouseexterior.jpg

dollhouseinterior.jpg

Oh my gosh. That is exactly my story. My son and I went to a doll house making class for a few weeks 27 years ago.  Got the house built. Not sure what style you would call it. He got sick and passed away. Now I'm getting ready to finish with the help of my two grand daughters. Yours is beautiful. I am looking for an easy way to do roofing. 

29 minutes ago, UK Sharon said:

...I am looking for an easy way to do roofing. 

I am looking forward to reading your introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  Meanwhile, there's the Greenleaf wood shingles:

gallery_8_305_14777.jpg

There's coarse sandpaper/ glasspaper:

large.5741a2fa4033b_farmhousefrontyard.J

There's colored construction paper (you might want to seal & paint it):

gallery_8_151_53121.jpg

And there's corrugated cardboard with one layer peeled off (It helps to dampen it to separate a layer):

large.56d775116af06_comeonin.jpg.d341ead