Looking for 1:6 scale help

minikelli

Hi,

I'm just looking for any help in finding patterns, or if anyone may have some 1:6 scale furniture for sale. Apparently I am going to be putting my 1:12 builds on hold -- and working on a 1:6 house for a little girl for Christmas. Parents don't want to furnish with the typical plastic furniture, so am looking for help on where to find patterns or furniture for this build.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being too much of a perfectionist, and yes I know nothing is ever technically "perfect". However I've been attempting that with several furniture patterns I have in 1:12 and they just aren't looking right to me. Of course, could also just be I'm not used to this scale? lol

Yeah, I went and picked one up so I could make sure I was making the furniture for it correctly. Like I said though, in doubling the patterns I have in 1:12 -- it's just not looking right to me. Thus why I'm hoping Deb or anyone else whom works primarily in this scale can point me in the right direction, or give me some hints as to where I can go shopping for patterns for this scale, or if need be pre-built furniture that can be customized as needed. Would really prefer to make it myself, but more than willing to listen to others' thoughts and ideas as to how to best go about furnishing this...

3 hours ago, minikelli said:

Maybe I'm being too much of a perfectionist, and yes I know nothing is ever technically "perfect". However I've been attempting that with several furniture patterns I have in 1:12 and they just aren't looking right to me. Of course, could also just be I'm not used to this scale? lol

Even among 1:12 furniture there is a sliding scale of scale. (Did I just really say that?) In real life, think of the difference in sizes between furniture designed for small apartments and furniture intended for big, high-ceilinged family rooms. When increasing a 1:12 pattern to 1:6, the difference would be exaggerated even more. So maybe they aren't looking right to you for this reason. But in the end, how they look individually isn't as important as how they work together in the house. 

• Like 1

It also matters if you are making sturdy furniture for little children or realistic pieces for an older child.  Googling I found this on Ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Barbie+Doll+House+Furniture+Woodworking+Plans and this one on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Dollhouse-Plan-Furniture-Dennis/dp/1435714563

I was honestly thinking I recalled Regent Miniatures having more realistic 1:6 scaled furniture if it was I had to buy pre-made, unfortunately he appears to have shut down his store on Ebay for a while now. Thanks for those link Holly, I've looked at those searches a few times now -- my main thing for this is I want to furnish it realistically and not with all pink plastic. Though I may try buying a few plastic pieces and repainting them and see how that turns out...

All I have to say is thank goodness I was nursing a headache by trolling Pinterest -- took some different phrasings, but finally came up with some good blogs, Youtube channels, as well as just plain lovely patterns and ideas that may well make a difference in what I've been attempting to craft and make it better! My thanks to all of you for trying to help me out, it is beyond appreciated!

• 1 year later...