Furniture

Lise A

As I am a Snowbird, now in our winter home in Florida, I had to leave the Pierce dollhouse that I was working on back north in Canada. I've not been idle however :) I thought I would work on some furnishings to inspire me when I return to the main construction in the spring. Here is a baby crib I've just completed. I still have to dress it, but I thought I would share what I've done so far.  

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

• Like 1

I made it myself KathieB.  The headboard and footboard was a wooden Christmas ornament that I bought at Michael's and cut in half. The legs are made from square wooden beads that I bought at a dollar store. I had to sand off the letters but it was fairly easy. I had some channel rail left from what I purchased to build a staircase and the dowels were purchased at Michael's.

Edited by Lise A

I also thought at first it was a kit!  What a clever use of those laser cut wooden ornaments!  Where did you snowbirds land?  Looks like a condo, rather than a RV in the background (I live near the Gulf Cost, an love it when our snowbirds begin to flock!).  I also love to make my own furniture.

• Like 1

Havanaholly,I'm in a 55+ mobile home park in Winter Haven Florida. We purchased this home three years ago and it is one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Another great decision was to open up that old dollhouse box.  Luckily this home is rather small so cleaning doesn't encroach too far into my time dedicated to my new "mini"  passion.

8 hours ago, Lise A said:

I made it myself KathieB.  The headboard and footboard was a wooden Christmas ornament that I bought at Michael's and cut in half. The legs are made from square wooden beads that I bought at a dollar store. I had to sand off the letters but it was fairly easy. I had some channel rail left from what I purchased to build a staircase and the dowels were purchased at Michael's.

I'm impressed, Lise! What a wonderful eye you have for repurposing materials. :)