Orchid Dollhouse

5683linda

Hi

My name is Linda. I live in Hesperia, CA (San Bernardino). This is my first dollhouse... the ORCHID. My daughter gave it to me for a Christmas present three years ago. I was so overwhelmed (after reading the directions) I couldn't even begin building. Also, I didn't have the space for such a project... so the dollhouse was put on hold until two years later when I moved into a two-bedroom and set up shop!

The two years prior to setting up shop was not wasted... I spent that time reading blogs, watching videos, scrolling through Pinterest... educating myself on tips and tools needed to complete my dollhouse.

The time was also spent purchasing ALL the furnishings needed to make the dollhouse a home! The first purchase was the China dishes! The first "COULD NOT BELIEVE" find was the full-size mattress with satin pillows! My first DIY project was making nail polish bottles and lipstick for the bedroom vanity, and my first "kit bashing" was eliminating ALL three dormers and converting to an attic bedroom! My first mistake was priming before removing the pieces.. I couldn't remove them after priming so I had to buy me another dollhouse. 

I am now hooked!!

Edited by 5683linda
  • Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Linda.  I learned about not priming before removing pieces with my second Buttercup, but I persevered and with many packages of box cutter blades and lots of *MAGIC* words I got those pieces out!  (I am very firm!).  It was a dollhouse for a very small child, and by golly when it was done it was indestructible!  I have built the Orchid in wood and in plastic, and I have one I found in a thrift store that was built with hot glue that is falling apart.  The original builder bashed the front door and I shall probably bash it further once I get around to the rehab which shall begin by removing the rest of the hot glue.

• Like 2

Thanks, Scott. I have been trying to upload pictures of my progress but haven't figured out where to post. I would like to start a blog but couldn't find how to create one. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you posted any pictures? I love seeing and reading about other people's dollhouse journeys... they have helped me so much with building my dollhouse. 

Thanks again for the welcome!

Linda

• Like 1

Linda, when you have made five posts in the Forum you may start albums in the Gallery and the pictures are easy to copy and paste into your posts.  You  can start your blog here after you have made 50 posts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...