Miniatures inside a pair of shoes

akelly318

I'm planning on buying a pair of platform shoes that have a hollow clear base which you can actually put things into. I'd like to display some miniatures in them. I was thinking maybe some 1/144 scale houses or maybe a miniature scene? I'd like some suggestions please ! :)

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 12.56.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.01.36 AM.png

• Like 1

I'm going to say it's really dependent on the depth of the clear section. However, I love the idea of some of the smaller railroading items like the people and small houses being used to create a scene. Will be interesting to see what you do.

• Like 1

I would hate to put all that inve$tment of time & $$$ into finishing a 1:144 kit to put into a shoe, but there are some really neat paper models you can print off onto cardstock and assemble that would do the job nicely, and accessorized with some of the N- or Z-scale accessories and securely glued into place would definitely make a pair of show-stopper OOAK shoes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I would hate to put all that inve$tment of time & $$$ into finishing a 1:144 kit to put into a shoe, but there are some really neat paper models you can print off onto cardstock and assemble that would do the job nicely, and accessorized with some of the N- or Z-scale accessories and securely glued into place would definitely make a pair of show-stopper OOAK shoes!

It's crazy you mention z scale paper kits, because last night I was looking at some on ebay!! I think that's the route I'm heading toward :)

57 minutes ago, akelly318 said:

It's crazy you mention z scale paper kits, because last night I was looking at some on ebay!! I think that's the route I'm heading toward :)

Great minds think alike ... or so they say. :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akelly318 said:

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Great minds think alike ... or so they say. :D 

Works for me :D

• Like 1