If You Had $100.00...

22 minutes ago, Peggy said:

The talk about the saws really intrigued me.  I found the Rockwell on Ebay new for $74.90 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/332045735315?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true.  I think I want one, but like you asked, "what would you buy IF you had a $100.

I know, right! IF...

I got the Dremel Moto Saw for Mother's Day a couple years ago and have used it many, many times. It made bashing possible for me. The things that are too large for me to cut with my mini chop saw from Harbor Freight, I use my Rockwell for. Tools really do make the difference in being able to successfully take on new challenges, so get them however you can!

I have the Rockwell too- I use it for the thicker wood.  The Dremel is perfect for smaller items.  My Rockwell can chew up small wood fast.

also, I haven't ordered it yet, but supposedly you can get the guide for the moto saw through the Dremel company, but you have to phone and order it, which is wierd

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smjsome said:

I have the Rockwell too- I use it for the thicker wood.  The Dremel is perfect for smaller items.  My Rockwell can chew up small wood fast.

also, I haven't ordered it yet, but supposedly you can get the guide for the moto saw through the Dremel company, but you have to phone and order it, which is wierd

I did a lot of research before I ordered mine, so I knew to call and order the guide, It was only about $5 plus shipping, and it arrived even before the saw did! It slides into the guides and is great for larger cuts, but for smaller trim pieces you still have to build your own jig out of scrap wood. So now with all three saws, I can pretty much cut whatever I need to, it's just a bummer that I don't have room to leave them set up and ready all the time.

I found a blade for the rockwell that loves the thinner wood .  I like the fact that most "t" blades fit in it.  Also at my menards they usually have a great selection of small strip wood.   I get 1/32 square dowels and larger.   Also the smaller trim type pieces..  I spend more than 100.00 in menards every trip.  Lol 

Oh, and the tiny "table saw" from harbor freight, I keep it on my work table, use it all the time, and it's under $40, I think.  Bought it a while ago though.  It was my first one - I use thinner blades on it than the ones it came with.  But they don't last very long. 

I seem to have a saw problem don't I!?  But, I work up in the attic, 3 stories up, so to go borrow my husbands tools is a long walk down.  Now I have to keep an eye on him.  I bought a Dremel type tool - jig saw type one that cuts circles? at Kathies garage sale and he's kinda taken it over ...

1 hour ago, smjsome said:

I bought a Dremel type tool - jig saw type one that cuts circles? at Kathies garage sale and he's kinda taken it over ...

I saw the gleam in his eye when he spotted it. Why can't I think of what it is called? I even looked on the Dremel site and it doesn't seem to be included. I wonder if it has been discontinued. I bought it when it was all the rage here. Deb and several others posted how it was the bee's knees, but I should have listened to my inner craftsman and realized that I'm not really a power tool kind of gal. I really prefer doing things by hand.

And if I had $100 to spend on minis? I'd have a hard time spending it. It would probably go to components and supplies, such as moldings, shingles, polyclay, paint, etc.