If You Had $100.00...

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I saw the gleam in his eye when he spotted it. Why can't I think of what it is called? I even looked on the Dremel site and it doesn't seem to be included. I wonder if it has been discontinued. I bought it when it was all the rage here. Deb and several others posted how it was the bee's knees, but I should have listened to my inner craftsman and realized that I'm not really a power tool kind of gal. I really prefer doing things by hand.

And if I had $100 to spend on minis? I'd have a hard time spending it. It would probably go to components and supplies, such as moldings, shingles, polyclay, paint, etc.

I think it was called the Dremel Trio, but that has been discontinued. You might come across a reconditioned one from CPO Outlets every so often. 

3 hours ago, smjsome said:

Oh, and the tiny "table saw" from harbor freight, I keep it on my work table, use it all the time, and it's under $40, I think.  Bought it a while ago though.  It was my first one - I use thinner blades on it than the ones it came with.  But they don't last very long. 

I seem to have a saw problem don't I!?  But, I work up in the attic, 3 stories up, so to go borrow my husbands tools is a long walk down.  Now I have to keep an eye on him.  I bought a Dremel type tool - jig saw type one that cuts circles? at Kathies garage sale and he's kinda taken it over ...

Yep! It's like $36 or something.With the 20% coupon, I got the saw, 2 extra blades and shipping for $35 - it's worth it! If only it cut deeper and longer wood, I'd use no other saws very often.

I get tools for my birthday because I really ask for them, too! And I like my own because I take better care of mine and put them where I can find them. The trade off to marrying a handsome dreamer; he's really messy and disorganized. If we had to work in the same space we'd argue more than work!

'Tis the season to be spending Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Plus, my Notes From The Universe had this sage advice:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hubba, hubba, hubba, Jodi! Isn't this a fun time of year? Lights everywhere, mistletoe, eggnog... and all the receiving! 

Indeed, because when you receive, not only do you affirm your own worthiness and open the way for more, but you make possible even greater joys for the giver. 

Tallyho, ho, ho, 
    The Universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go! Spend! Live! Be Happy!

7 hours ago, smjsome said:

Oh, and the tiny "table saw" from harbor freight, I keep it on my work table, use it all the time, and it's under $40, I think.  Bought it a while ago though.  It was my first one - I use thinner blades on it than the ones it came with.  But they don't last very long. 

I seem to have a saw problem don't I!?  But, I work up in the attic, 3 stories up, so to go borrow my husbands tools is a long walk down.  Now I have to keep an eye on him.  I bought a Dremel type tool - jig saw type one that cuts circles? at Kathies garage sale and he's kinda taken it over ...

5 hours ago, KathieB said:

I saw the gleam in his eye when he spotted it. Why can't I think of what it is called? I even looked on the Dremel site and it doesn't seem to be included. I wonder if it has been discontinued. I bought it when it was all the rage here. Deb and several others posted how it was the bee's knees, but I should have listened to my inner craftsman and realized that I'm not really a power tool kind of gal. I really prefer doing things by hand.

And if I had $100 to spend on minis? I'd have a hard time spending it. It would probably go to components and supplies, such as moldings, shingles, polyclay, paint, etc.

h, yes, the Trio!  I'm sorry to hear that it has been discontinued, as it is the kit basher's bee's knees!

• Like 1

My husband bought a brown paper bag grocery sack of unknowns at the St Louis dollhouse show .... I'm super excited about that!

you know what I would buy - - a larger rolling vacumn for my work area.

I just spent two days cleaning my work area, and I lugged my husbands work vac all the way from basement to attic

and good led wiring and lights for my next big house!

• Like 1

I just purchased a Dremel but it looks like I need the moto saw. I've spent so much now on this new passion of mine that what would be another $100 or so right? And btw, this forum is awesome, I find something new to dream about every day. :)

• Like 1