ISO Duracraft Heritage: Washington State

Phoenix71

Good morning, fellow miniaturists.

I purchased a Duracraft Heritage off of eBay and sadly, it was missing the siding and the first main and base floor support pieces (and lots of other stuff, but I can purchase bricks and those types of things elsewhere).

I'm in Arlington, WA (north of Seattle) and wondering if anyone has a Duracraft Heritage kit that has these pieces - I'd like to trace the missing pieces and cut out of wood or buy your kit if it has all the pieces if you are in Washington State/greater Seattle area.

Sheet No. HR-1 (3) Base Floor Supports
Sheet No. HR-2 Pieces N & M Base Floor Pieces
Sheet No. HR-3 Base Floor Back and Base Floor Surplice

Not being an expert at building or math, I'm not very familiar with trying to figure out the size of these pieces based on what I do have so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for looking and Happy Holidays! Christie

The sheets you are missing make up the foundation.  You might be able to get the measurements and cut them yourself, but it would be easier to find another kit.  There's no way to measure those pieces from my finished house, unfortunately.  I changed a lot in my build, too.

Here's my post on assembling that portion so you can get an idea of what's involved with those parts. (This was before I removed the side bay for a chimney.)
http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/foundation

As for the siding, those are milled pieces and very specific in size.  If those are also missing, you are definitely better off buying another kit.  Here's a post showing the way the walls are built using those siding pieces.
http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/dura-craft-wall-assembly

• Like 1

Christie, you might want to try Manchester Woodworks on eBay. He makes a lot of stuff to finish off old Duracraft kits. The other thing you might do is keep an eye out for an old Duracraft Colonial kit or some other cheap kit Duracraft made (not the smaller houses though). Those usually go for really cheap when they show up and while I'm not sure about the base, I'm sure the siding for that house could be used with the Heritage. In fact, you may be able to add an addition onto the Heritage with the extra siding you get.

• Like 1