Houseworks red oak flooring

stickyfingers

Have you used it? How did you finish it? Pictures?

I'm working on flooring plans for the Yellow house and A few rooms can use sheet flooring. Also, I should know this, but does anyone know what wood is used for the HBS "rustic siding strips?" I've used them for flooring and plank walls before, and like the product. Will probably be using it again for the rooms that will need custom flooring.   

I use it all the time Linda....on the current build I Sand and Wax (liquid was) several times. I also colour using a variety of 'Danish Oil' colours and finish with liquid wax.

I used it, and just finished it with wood stain. I bought several sheets for my house, and would definitely use again. I sanded before applying stain, and then lightly between each coat as well. I did 3 or 4 coats of stain.

It has a lovely texture and the woodgrain is to-scale.

large.57d5326ae4c6c_20160905_124712(1024x576).jpg.2a4a363660ea8f8ecfcc43a2dee38870.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone! The floors are really nice! I've been researching old French flooring, and for ready-made sheets, these seem to be pretty close to the real deal. Planning to do a chevron floor in the living room, and maybe a medallion-type floor in the dressing room. It would be really neat to do custom floors throughout the house, but I really don't want to go to the trouble.

I don't think those rustic planks are pine. They're a different color and stain differently than pine would. Not that it really matters.