7 posts in this topic

Hello from Oregon! I'm a new member and have no idea what I'm doing. This looks like a great place to share and laugh!  I own the newest Dollhouse and Miniature shop in the Northwest. I would love to talk to artisians who would possibly consign in my shop. I'm not looking to get rich, I'll be happy to pay the rent. I want to share and have fun! What a wonderful passion we share!  I am in this adorable little town, 26 antique shops and almost all are walking distance from each other. Quant little places to grab a snack or even sample wine. I am in the Historic District. Right on Main street in a huge old 2 story house with original hardwood floors throughout. Come and play, visit, meet other miniaturist and have FUN! This is a dream I have had that goes back about 25 years, my grandma and I would sit and plan for hours of what we wanted and what we would do. Some how it's happened. Grandma is here in my heart, guiding me all the way. I moved in here using every penny I could scrounge up, even selling tons of miniatures and collectibles online. Please plan a stop by and share in my dream come true and best of all...I get to live in my "Dollhouse"!  mini hugs to all! Wendy   Heirlooms...Dollhouse Miniatures & More  Aurora Oregon  425-209-9196   exactly 1/2 way between Portland and Salem.

1 person likes this

Welcome from Bremerton! You're a little far from me here, but occasionally I get down to Portland to grab a dollhouse. If I go that way again, I'll see if the car is up to going a little further and drop in and see you!

Are you sure you don't want to open your store somewhere on the Kitsap peninsula instead? LOL

Welcome, we are so pleased that you are living your dream and I for one am quite jealous.  Congratulations!

2 people like this

Welcome to the little family, Wendy.  Do you also build?

I live on the opposite coast, but it sounds like you're living the dream!  And with an actual, physical store!

Here in suburban Philadelphia, back in the day there were three different brick-and-mortar stores that sold doll house stuff, and by 2000 they were all closed down.  A few years ago I found a hobby shop (mostly electric trains and scale models) that had a tiny room off to the side with doll house miniatures in it.  Then that closed too, when the couple retired.

wish you all the best with your venture...

When Ron & Richard retire there will be no more Ron's...