Made some decorator items :)

So my husband bought home a lovely present of a summer cold, so I took a break from building today and moved on to some smaller activities. :)

I had a light bulb come on when I was walking past my coffee table and looked at my big bowl of shells:rolleyes:..... I rummaged through the bowl to find some appropriately sized ones (I even found a piece of coral) and made some decorator items out of them. Then I got on a roll and went through my jewelry findings for coastal themed items & my fabric stash for blue or nautical patterns.....Then I got distracted in my bead box and made some.. ok, a lot... of perfume bottles...:rofl:

This is what I came up with. :D

No idea when I'll use these things as they don't fit in with the current planned decor for my San Franciscan... but I had fun anyway and I'm sure they'll turn up in a build one of these days....

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

What a wonderful excuse to build a beach cottage, or a beach boutique!  Eventually I hope to get around to building a glass-top (acetate) mini shadow-box table to display some or the really itty horseshoe crab, sand dollar and winkle shells I've found over the years.

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

What a wonderful excuse to build a beach cottage, or a beach boutique!  Eventually I hope to get around to building a glass-top (acetate) mini shadow-box table to display some or the really itty horseshoe crab, sand dollar and winkle shells I've found over the years.

And the best thing about the shells is there free right? :D I'm going to scour the beach when I visit my Mothers beach house at Christmas!

Oh I'll definitely build a beach cottage one day... just got a couple of other builds to get through first. :D

We live about an hour's drive from Navarre Beach, where I have found some of the best shelling this side of Sanibel Island.  In the season the horseshoe crabs molt at Shell Point and off the coast at Cedar Key.  And after a hurricane before people come back to swim is a good shelling time.

I LIKE it!

My DW wants to redecorate our 70's ranch (real life house) like a beach cottage... 

as if there's not enough beach stuff on Cape Cod already!! :doh:

So we might be call'n you for some decorating advice... :wave: 

14 hours ago, mesp2k said:

I LIKE it!

My DW wants to redecorate our 70's ranch (real life house) like a beach cottage... 

as if there's not enough beach stuff on Cape Cod already!! :doh:

So we might be call'n you for some decorating advice... :wave: 

So jealous you live on Cape Cod!.... love it there and love the classic beachy decor there. Your DW has good taste! :D

23 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

How lovely! And what a great use of "off" time! I love all of it! I need to make some perfume bottles, but way, way too many other things to do.

Thanks Linda! I find the thought of the doing takes longer than the doing... lol

The perfume bottles didn't take long at all, I would just glue one piece then go off to my cushions while it dried and then back to glue another and so on... :) They are a good in between project while you are working on something else.

4 hours ago, shamrockgirl18 said:

they look great- i love the sofa, too. Did you make it?

Thanks!

No, I took one that had a fabric that made my eyes hurt..:eek: and pulled it apart and reupholstered it. :D

IMG_2459.JPG

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

Thanks!

No, I took one that had a fabric that made my eyes hurt..:eek: and pulled it apart and reupholstered it. :D

If that' the fabric on the armchair, it makes my eyes hurt, too!  It would be cute covered in one of the pillow fabrics.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

If that' the fabric on the armchair, it makes my eyes hurt, too!  It would be cute covered in one of the pillow fabrics.

It was... picked the set up cheap (probably because of the fabric:rolleyes:), because I could see potential in the shape. :D

You're right it would be cute in one of the pillow fabrics but... too many fabrics not enough sofas :)