Unusual in-the-round dollhouse

RockawayRose

Hi everyone, I'm finally back to dollhousing after a six-month break - we moved to Miami Beach from NYC and it's taken a while to get the apartment set up and deal with reall-life stuff.  I just rehabbed this unusual in-the-round dollhouse for a client who wants to use it for her feng shui workshops to show ideal furniture placement.    If anyone has any guesses as to the name of the dollhouse and manufacturer - there is a pic of the label on it but unfortunately part of the label is missing with that key information.  Here is my blog post with pics:

http://rockawayrosedollhouse.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-in-round-dollhouse.html

Happy holidays to all.  Now back to work on the Key West Dollhouse (Hofco Americana)...

• Like 2

I'm so glad to see you here. The house is so unique. I used to have a Rubbermaid spice rack that was similar to this. Too bad I gave it to Goodwill years ago or I would be contemplating a build with it. I hope you are enjoying south Florida. Did you get to go to Art Basel? I wish this front would move out and bring  us some sunny cool air!  Again, I'm so happy to see you here again!

• Like 1

Hi Sable!  The rain is a drag but makes it easier to get things done indoors!  We didn't get to Art Basel - I haven't found enough work yet and the entry fees were a bit pricey.  So I made art instead :cucumber:.

It is a unique house. It was very flimsy to work with and I couldn't quite get the grooves/joints to line up again, but as I've learned, much of dollhousing (and life)? is coming up with creative ways to cover up mistakes!

• Like 2