Clell Boyce Houses

siggy

Hello, I am fairly new to the forum and actually found it by accident.  I had been searching for a Noel Thomas or Clell Boyce house for quite some time after having fallen in love with the Noel Thomas Tower house. I came across a post from February where someone said they had a Clell Boyce Joseph Angel and a Lacamas Lake house.  Not realizing that posting contact info was a no no, I reached out to the forum and asked if anyone knew how to get in touch with the gentleman making the post.  A very nice forum person replied to my post and told me how to send an email to the man with the houses.  The post was eight months old, but I took a chance and asked if either house was still available.  Well, I was shocked to get a reply that they were both still available.  Apparently, no one had replied to his post!!!!  Anyway, thank you to the people on this forum who helped me reach him.  I got both houses (as an early Christmas present).  The shells on both are kind of rough due to siding being put on and then scraped off, but both are structurally perfect.  I live in California and the seller lives in Arizona.  We talked back and forth for a few days and he decided to deliver them to me.  Can you believe it???  We paid for his expenses, but still. . . .  Merry Christmas to me!!  The only problem is that the Joseph Angel is missing its tower.  He made a plywood octagon removable piece so that the house is not open, but the witch's hat is missing.  Does anyone know where I can find one or how to make one?  I am also intrigued by the RL Victorians that have a rounded dome-like tower instead of the pointed witches hat.  Is anyone familiar with how to make one of these?  Any help is much appreciated.  I can't wait to get started on these beautiful houses.  I'm just over the moon for my tower house (exterior complete and working on the inside), so I can only imagine how beautiful the Joseph Angel and Lacamas Lake will be. 

• Like 2

How wonderful, Sigrid!  :clap: Love hearing stories like this!!  Hopefully someone on here can direct you to with your search for tower roof options....I just wanted to say Welcome- and we are all looking forward to seeing how you revive these wonderful houses! 

3 minutes ago, siggy said:

When I figure out how to post pictures I will.

Now that you have 5 posts under your belt, you can start a Gallery.  Click on your Profile and then on Albums and follow the prompts. Sometimes loading photos can be tricky due to some forum software idiosyncrasies. Sizing photos to 600x800 pixels and adding comments to them after they are uploaded are hints that seem to have worked for others. If you have problems, post in the Technical section of the forum. :) 

Welcome and congratulations Sigrid.   Very nice seller to deliver the houses to you!   I live in Northern California and had to drive to Southern California to pick up my Joseph Angel shell that I found on Craigslist for $95.00.   It is in perfect condition and is signed, dated and numbered.  I purchased a Noel Thomas Tower House earlier this year but ended up selling it to someone that wanted more than I did - just too many projects.  Good luck in solving the missing tower problem.  The JA cn be such an amazing house you will no doubt love working on it,

Valerie, thank you for the welcome.  You got a great deal on your Joseph Angel.  I paid $200 for mine and $100 for the Lacamas Lake and I was thrilled with the price. Someone was selling a Joseph Angel in Modesto not long ago and asking $4,800 for it.   I found my Tower House at Larrianne's in Ventura.  I live in Northern California also and I bet we've crossed paths on more than one occasion.  Did you buy your Tower House at the Cooper's in Benicia?  If so, you beat me to it.  Let's stay in touch.  

3 hours ago, siggy said:

...I am also intrigued by the RL Victorians that have a rounded dome-like tower instead of the pointed witches hat.  Is anyone familiar with how to make one of these?  Any help is much appreciated.  I can't wait to get started on these beautiful houses.  I'm just over the moon for my tower house (exterior complete and working on the inside), so I can only imagine how beautiful the Joseph Angel and Lacamas Lake will be. 

One of our members scratch-built a house with a dome-type tower roof:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=4874

Lucky you! I love the Lacamas Lake House. That's one I would like to find in half scale one of these days.

I am looking at tower roofs for my Victorianna right now. I want something bell shaped and have been looking at lampshades, Christmas ornaments, and actual bells. So far I haven't found exactly what I want but that might be a starting point for you.