Westville Attic

Westons Nana

41 minutes ago, Westons Nana said:

The attic is the only room I've not furnished  yet and I would love some ideas from everyone. I was going to make it a sewing room but everything I bought doesn't fit because of the height of the room. HELP!!!!!

This is a good place to put all of the little items in your stash that haven't found a place in one of your houses. That's what attics are for. :D  You can add to the attic feeling by pasting mini newspaper "insulation" on the ceiling and walls. If you don't have enough stuff on hand, it's easy to make window screens out of strip wood and netting or print little details, like a gold star flag to hang on a wall. 

I use the attics to store all those first attempts at furniture, etc.  Those freebie "shopper" classifieds work for me for mini newspaper for papering attic walls:

585a99fd004a4-farmhouseattic.JPG

3 minutes ago, KathieB said:

This is a good place to put all of the little items in your stash that haven't found a place in one of your houses. That's what attics are for. :D  You can add to the attic feeling by pasting mini newspaper "insulation" on the ceiling and walls. If you don't have enough stuff on hand, it's easy to make window screens out of strip wood and netting or print little details, like a gold star flag to hang on a wall. 

Old nylon hose works for screen material:

South Georgia house.jpg

and toothpicks work for attic window louvers:

5780757217236-louveredwindow.JPG

• Like 1