Wish app

thresadep

I have been looking around on this app at dollhouse items.  Yes! I know it is China, cheap made and delivery takes forever. :bigwink:  The items are really cheap to purchase.  Wonder if fixing them up would be worth doing or are they so cheap that there is no hope?  Here is an example of a house they have for sale....

I am thinking more of buying the hardware i need and  some furniture. Maybe later a house just to see how it goes. Worse case scenero, i could use the parts for better house...maybe lol

wish.jpg

I found their website, they're selling it as "room décor".  If you have $USD51 to experiment, fine.  If it turn out, you can share pictures, and if it doesn't...  I notice it's displayed with a little car, so it may be 1:18 or 1:24.

If you click on the Description tab, they say it is 1:24.  The single review says it is good quality and shipped quickly (but it doesn't say to where) and recommends it as a fun family project.

However, there was a discrepancy in the page I found. Instead of giving the original price as $470 USD as above, it gives the original price as $285USD. Both are listed for $51USD. Give me the impression that this site plays fast and loose with original pricing details.

I agree with Holly. If you have 50 bucks (+ $12 shipping) burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. No matter what comes in the mail, I'm confident you'll be able to make a darling little house out of it.

I have one of the kits from China (the DIY travel trailer) and it was totally worth $50 (with free shipping). It is probably even worth a bit more, but I didn't know that at the time and I thought $50 was okay to risk. The kits are often 1:24, everything has to be put together, instructions were visual (no words), most pieces if not all were pre-painted (which I was happy about), it can be a bit craftsy (beads for light fixtures), but everything is there but the glue.

I will probably buy another kit, but I do it on ebay with sellers with great feedback and free shipping, so sometimes I have to wait for the deal to appear. 

33 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

DO you know if the house you are considering is 1:12 or 1:24...I have rarely seen 1:12 offered via these kits.

The kit is identified as being 1:24 in the Description tab on the web site.

5 hours ago, dooder85 said:

unrelated note, what game are you playing in the background? it looks interesting

Runescape. Over 10 years now I have been playing. Iove it. My escape from reality. I like that if you can be a skiller or a killer or both. 

Thanks all for replying. Think I'm going to get some hardware and  accessories at first.