"Miniature" proposal

akelly318

So, I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend this Spring in Colorado (we're going for a family reunion). I want to take her to a hot springs...and that's how far I am into planning the actual proposal lol

She has always supported my miniature passion and creativity. I wanted to maybe create a miniature to put the ring into? Any ideas? I have until March to create something...I'm just drawing blanks or my ideas seem lame I don't know :/

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

Anyway I wasn't sure if this fit on the mini forum so I put it here haha

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Hmmm.  It has to be something big enough to fit the ring.  What about a miniatuare trunk, and (don't know if this would work) you might also put in some mini items that are mementos of your relationship highlights.

What a cute idea! I'm adding to to my possibilities for sure :) Thanks!

Congrats! The trunk is always good - people love to open things. You can put things atop the ring and make her take them out - maybe the things have sentimental reference to your first date, etc. The "how we met" or "the places we've been" theme worked into the scene can be so cute.

Roombox ideas:  putting the ring alongside tiny plates in a china cupboard...ask your girlfriend to look at the cupboard closely. Or if you want to put the actual ring box into the scene...so that your intended can pick up the box and open it  while wondering what you could possibly have put in this box then maybe you could dress it up as an ottoman or stick pillows on it or make it a coffee table and make her play a game of what non-miniature is hiding in this scene?

How cute and romantic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Congrats! The trunk is always good - people love to open things. You can put things atop the ring and make her take them out - maybe the things have sentimental reference to your first date, etc. The "how we met" or "the places we've been" theme worked into the scene can be so cute.

Roombox ideas:  putting the ring alongside tiny plates in a china cupboard...ask your girlfriend to look at the cupboard closely. Or if you want to put the actual ring box into the scene...so that your intended can pick up the box and open it  while wondering what you could possibly have put in this box then maybe you could dress it up as an ottoman or stick pillows on it or make it a coffee table and make her play a game of what non-miniature is hiding in this scene?

How cute and romantic.

I LOVE this idea! I think I'm going to combine the chest and roombox idea but make it a small roombox and decorate it with references to us and our experiences :)  Maybe I can explain each one and then with the chest, I can say "...and this miniature I especially love, look at this..." or something haha if I don't get too nervous lol

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Hope chest! 

Reutter makes a little hope chest with lift-out tray...you could fill it with mini memorabilia..put ring in bottom.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/ljMAAOSwh2xYA~A2/s-l225.jpg

so adorable! If i end of doing this idea or a mix of roombox and chest, I'll probably make it myself so i can customize it. Thanks for the inspo!

• Like 1

Great ideas! I love the suggestion to make a roombox with relationship mementos and have the ring not be immediately obvious, so she'll be touched by the roombox and not realize at first that there's more to it. Besides putting the ring in a cabinet or trunk, another idea is to create a room that has a false wall with a door in it. Make it so the door can open and the ring is behind the door (standing up in some sort of slotted base like it would be in a ring box). Then there's symbolism of the room representing your relationship so far, and opening the door = moving to the next step in the relationship.

Another thought, if you do it as a room, you could hang framed pictures of the two of you from different times in the relationship on one of the walls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fov said:

Great ideas! I love the suggestion to make a roombox with relationship mementos and have the ring not be immediately obvious, so she'll be touched by the roombox and not realize at first that there's more to it. Besides putting the ring in a cabinet or trunk, another idea is to create a room that has a false wall with a door in it. Make it so the door can open and the ring is behind the door (standing up in some sort of slotted base like it would be in a ring box). Then there's symbolism of the room representing your relationship so far, and opening the door = moving to the next step in the relationship.

Another thought, if you do it as a room, you could hang framed pictures of the two of you from different times in the relationship on one of the walls.

I've decided to just do a trunk with a removable tray. I am going to put mementos inside on the tray and on the inside of the trunk top I'm going to put pictures from our relationship :) Thanks for the suggestions!! <3

• Like 1

On 12/25/2016, 12:23:14, me-barbie said:

What a charming idea! I am sure she will be thrilled. I like the roombox idea with meaningful minis and the ring in a trunk. Perhaps a vase of mini flowers on the trunk?

Love that idea! I was thinking a bouquet inside :)

• 2 weeks later...