Need help with printables

stickyfingers

I need to make a few dozen quart and gallon paint cans for a build. Did a search online for paint can labels, and see that there's many choices on Pinterest. I don't have an account, so I can look at the images, but can't figure out how to print them.

Do I need to get a Pinterest account? How do I convert the image files to a PDF? Does anyone have another source of printable paint can labels? This is for a vintage build, so I prefer older style labels, but they will be distressed, so I it doesn't really matter.     

I don't think you can print directly from Pinterest.  You can click on the image that you like, copy it, then paste it either as a photo or a Word document, then print it out from your  computer. However, you have to be very careful about copyright - it's really best to follow the Pinterest thread back to the original website and see if it is copyrighted or not.  A better thing to do is to go to the regular web sites that have free (non-copyrighted) images for miniaturists to print out.  There are a number of them.

38 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

I need to make a few dozen quart and gallon paint cans for a build. Did a search online for paint can labels, and see that there's many choices on Pinterest. I don't have an account, so I can look at the images, but can't figure out how to print them.

Do I need to get a Pinterest account? How do I convert the image files to a PDF? Does anyone have another source of printable paint can labels? This is for a vintage build, so I prefer older style labels, but they will be distressed, so I it doesn't really matter.     

Just let me know what you need Linda and I'll be happy to source, size and convert to .pdf so that you can print at the correct size. I need some idea of what you want and sizes of the paint cans etc. I'll also check for any potential copyright issues.......unlikely though.

That goes for any printable any for anyone..........I live on the computer so I might as well 'come in handy'!

You could also do a search for images of old/ antique paint can labels, copy & resize them in your Paint program and print them.  I measure the diameters of the cans I want to copy in mini  and find dowels and cut them to the scaled heights I need for the finished product.  You can also edit your images to alter the wording or images on the labels so you aren't infringing on copyrights.

Mike, thank you!! I'm looking for vintage (1930's/40's/50's) style labels to go onto quart and gallon sized cans -3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" dowels. I suppose the height can be anything.

I really do need to learn to do this myself, as there's so many things you can use the printables for.    

Anything you see on your desktop,can  be saved to your computer.  

With in a on desktop, press "prtsc" key on keyboard.  That's print screen.  You just copied an image of your desktop. 

Then paste it in either ms word or ms paint.  Save it as a jpeg. 

If this all confusing, Google  how to save an image.