Altering Victoria's Farmhouse

Hi!  We're getting ready to build our first dollhouse.  Our 8yo {soon to be 9} loves my dollhouse from when I was 8 {it's a green leaf arthur, i think} that my grandma built for me.  however, it's too small for her, she wants it to have a bathroom, lol.

anyway, she's settled on victoria's farmhouse.  looking through the posts there was one that had the side access panel closed and the front bay window area was the access.  does anyone have instructions on how to do that?  my husband is quite handy, and i'm crafty, but i'd rather not wing-it for something so visible.  

i'll be getting the kit sometime in january and we have until mid-march to get it finished.

incidentally, daughter also loves the colors of that particular house.  does anyone know what colors were used?

thanks!

Jennifer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwesomeOpossum said:

Hi!  We're getting ready to build our first dollhouse.  Our 8yo {soon to be 9} loves my dollhouse from when I was 8 {it's a green leaf arthur, i think} that my grandma built for me.  however, it's too small for her, she wants it to have a bathroom, lol.

anyway, she's settled on victoria's farmhouse.  looking through the posts there was one that had the side access panel closed and the front bay window area was the access.  does anyone have instructions on how to do that?  my husband is quite handy, and i'm crafty, but i'd rather not wing-it for something so visible.  

i'll be getting the kit sometime in january and we have until mid-march to get it finished.

incidentally, daughter also loves the colors of that particular house.  does anyone know what colors were used?

thanks!

Jennifer

1 hour ago, AwesomeOpossum said:

this one!

post-4911-1275066539.jpg

Why not print the picture and take it with you to your nearest paint dealer/ big box hardware store and match the picture colors to the paint chips?  A lot of colors are also available in the little sample jars.  It looks to me like white and charcoal and three shades of blue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sable said:

Welcome. I'd say they are Grey and Navy.

Take a look at the attached photo of a grey and blue accent wall I made.  You can see all the different shades of grey and blues I used with craft paints from Michaels.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=121334&browse=1