Surprise! Dollhouse already wired

JaimeG

Hi Folks, 

So earlier this week I posted about my thrifted dollhouse that I rehabbed for my girls for Christmas. 

What I forgot to mention was that as I was pulling off the wallpaper, I noticed that the house was already wired...so today my husband helped me maneuver the house onto it's back so I could take a closer look. 

Any ideas how I connect this to a power source? If there is a good tutorial out there, I would appreciate it if you could sent me in the right direction. 

You can check out the rest of the photos in my gallery here

Cheers!

Jaime

IMG_6771 (1).jpg

IMG_6774 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Do you have a tester? I have one that works with tape wire & it is helpful to see if the wire still conducts electricity. I bought a house from a flea market that had tape wire but it was not tied into a power box (not sure what else to call it) & the wiring was not placed in the proper positions (only first floor, anyway), so I removed it all. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016, 11:24:10, amyole said:

Do you have a tester? I have one that works with tape wire & it is helpful to see if the wire still conducts electricity. I bought a house from a flea market that had tape wire but it was not tied into a power box (not sure what else to call it) & the wiring was not placed in the proper positions (only first floor, anyway), so I removed it all. 

I have a real tester, not a dollhouse specific tester....will a real circuit tester work or do I need the dollhouse one?

On 12/28/2016, 12:12:57, Sable said:

I think you need the transformer which cirkit concepts offers. I think the lead wire attaches to the two screws. Call them and ask it their transformer works for your circuit.

http://cir-kitconcepts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=288

Thanks....I think I'll call the Little Dollhouse Company store in Toronto that I've ordered from in the past and see what they suggest for the transformer. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@JaimeG - I recently purchased a dollhouse and have come across the same issue. Wondering how you resolved yours and what you needed to get to get it working. I too have all of the wiring installed by whoever built it, but it’s not hooked up to anything and I can’t figure out where to go from here.