Hi all

nolephan

Hi,

My name is Laurie and I would consider myself a newbie. I have built a house before, but it was as a newlywed 31 years ago. I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone how I built a doll house 31 years and 3 kids ago! I visiting my sister in November and admired her houses. ( I think she's working on three at a time). So guess what I got for Christmas! I'm fortunate to have a great space where I can leave all this stuff out and work on it as I have time. I think this forum is awesome and have already learned so much from it, and from my sister.

I've got the shell of the house assembled and have a couple of questions. Are  there places to go to to ask specific questions (i.e. sanding and painting)? BTW, the house I have is the Orchid.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Laurie.  Do I gather correctly by your username that you're a grad of FSU?  The Orchid is a nice beginner kit.  I have built two of them (one in plastic) and there are two building team blogs for that kit.  I started building dollhouse kits when I was 50.  I recommend exploring the site and reading all the subforums to get familiar with what information is where.  You can ask general questions in the general information forum and questions specific to your Orchid here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=forums&id=28

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nolephan said:

thanks for the advice. I will check out these forums and probably find answers to my questions. And yes, I'm an FSU grad!

I'm a 'Gator, but I live in Seminole, AL.

3 minutes ago, nolephan said:

oh, that's too funny~

Our neighbors across the street are also 'Gator fans, and they're Poarch Creek.  I wish you lived closer, we could play minis & watch 'Bama play for the National Championship!

Sorry, rooting for Clemson (we have friends). But would love to play minis anyway. My sister is a gator so I think we could play nice together. I've gotten very little done on the house today, because I've been on these boards, getting inspiration! Heading over to the Orchid thread to ask questions.