http://norms-dollhouse-colorado.com/

-Going out of business sale-
UP TO 30% OFF
Starting January 3rd 2017.
All items must go.

Norm's Dollhouse Inc
will be closing on March 15, 2017

All gift certificates and store credits
must be redeemed on or before that date.

Thank you for all your patronage over
the 39 years we've been in business.

We've enjoyed serving the miniature community.

David & Norma

For right now, it looks like these people still have some dollhouses. The links are all down for dollhouses on Norm's Dollhouse page.

https://www.dollhouseminiatures.com/Dollhouses/RockyMountain.htm

Believe it or not, I just happened to be looking at dollhouses on Google and redirected to Norm's Dollhouse page and then saw the notice. I'm glad I was sitting down when I saw it. This breaks my heart.

Although the brick & mortar store is closing, David is continuing in the dollhouse miniatures business.  He will also keep manufacturing the Rocky Mountain Woodcraft dollhouse kits.  But understandably, his focus right now is on closing Norm's Dollhouse Store.

Please visit http://dwdollhouse.com to get more information and subscribe to the newsletter to stay informed.  

7 minutes ago, Gayle said:

What about the one in Charleston, SC

I haven't been there since Joanne passed, but I see there's still a website.  I don't recall them selling supplies & kits, though.

Yeah, this is sad indeed. We only have really one dollhouse store in Chicagoland, Lolly's and she'll be retiring in a few years. She questioned the longevity of this hobby, at least in the bricks and mortar sense, and it does make you think twice. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

With Ron & Richard retiring, will there be any brick & mortar dollhouse miniature stores left, other than Earth & Tree?

I was in a store in Birmingham, AL in August 2015 and another in Duluth, MN in August 2016. Norm's is the nearest miniature store to me to the west, and that's a good eight hours. It's almost as far a drive to the nearest store to the east. There used to be several around here. :(

I was saddened when I heard this last week.  I have been lucky enough to shop at Norms a few times and always enjoyed it especially all the Bespaq they use to carry.

As far as what shops are left, some of my favorites that I have shopped include Earth & Tree, Ron's and Miniature Designs.  Here in California we are fortunate to have seven brick and mortar shops left but that is a far cry from the 45+ we had back in the 70's and 80's.

1 hour ago, miniaddicted said:

Yeah, this is sad indeed. We only have really one dollhouse store in Chicagoland, Lolly's and she'll be retiring in a few years. She questioned the longevity of this hobby, at least in the bricks and mortar sense, and it does make you think twice. 

I've been to Lolly's and it is a nice shop.  I really loved Think Small by Rosebud.  Whenever I was in Chicago for the International show always loved visiting their basement and seeing all the houses people were working on.  Always wished more shops were able to offer space like that to customers.

15 hours ago, queenannediva said:

I really loved Think Small by Rosebud.  Whenever I was in Chicago for the International show always loved visiting their basement and seeing all the houses people were working on.  Always wished more shops were able to offer space like that to customers.

Yes, I have been there too a few times and know exactly what you mean about the basement and the houses in the works. That was inspiring, and fun too see. I was sad when they left too.

Years ago when I traveled to my company's HQ in Dallas, I went to Through the Keyhole, and that too was a great shop with friendly proprietors. One year I came home with a carefully packaged box of minis that I carried on the plane. Fond memories. I think they closed about 3 or 4 years ago. 

I liked Norms, did online shopping. There are no more shops in my area. There is Hobby Lobby who offer some minis, and another Hobby store but lately every time I go there the mini section is getting smaller and smaller. Very sad!!