Creatin' Contest 2017

Intrinsicat

What do you see in the new contest design??

Aw man!! Thanks for the information - I was completely out of sorts there thinking they'd updated their main page and I didn't do anything with last years.. so here it is post edited for 2017!!

DOH! Glad I posted this though - I was all about a design for last year's kit! May still have to do it though... XD

mini 2017.jpg

9 hours ago, Samusa said:

Reminds me of the Flinstones house for some reason..:doh: lol

I think it's the shed roof.. :D

Haha! Yesss! I have an idea, and would like to put it together, but time is an issue, it's another large design and would cost the bomb to ship to Oz. Sigh.

On 1/18/2017, 3:37:05, shannonc60 said:

Haha! Yesss! I have an idea, and would like to put it together, but time is an issue, it's another large design and would cost the bomb to ship to Oz. Sigh.

Meh, shipping! Foiled again! :ermm:

I just bought a Glencroft for 25USD and I think the shipping was 75USD... :rofl::eek:

13 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Wow, that sounds not too bad for something that size. Although when converted to AUD, it's a bit!

I know! I thought the same but it is still 3 times the cost of the house.. which I suppose is my point. lol I Think I paid about 200usd to get my Heritage shipped to me... so 75 bucks isn't bad.

It just came today and the box isn't as large as the Heritage or San Franciscan boxes so I guess that explains the "economical" shipping. :D 

Anyhoo.. back to the subject matter... are you going to enter?

On 1/22/2017, 5:47:20, shannonc60 said:

I can't even get onto their website to ask about a shipping quote, although I could ask on their facebook page. No probably not. I don't really need another 1:12 project of that size clogging up my little house. Will you?

Haha no... I don't do well with deadlines... :shy:  lol

7 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I find them useful. I would complete it for the competition deadline. Otherwise I get kinda lazy!

I work well under pressure, too. The Beacon Hill sitting on the worktable since 2014 can confirm that.

It could be worse. Lisa just sent me a PM saying I encouraged her to work on her house this afternoon and then asked what I'd done today. Answer? Nothing. I'm a terrible friend.

Well, tomorrow is another day. And I'm still sitting here contemplating how a four room cottage all of a sudden has nine rooms. Do dollhouses breed and grow on their own?

Does anyone know how long the contest kits are available? I really like the 2016 bungalow, and have had it on a wish list since I first saw it, but no plans to build it anytime soon. Just wondering if I should get the kit the next time there's a sale, or just ride it out until I'm ready to build it?