Glencroft Dollhouse Chimney wall and Staircase

Dpat

Is it the chimney/stair thing that juts out over the livingroom? That gave me endless problems. So did the beams in the living room, and I seem to recall I had issues getting the external wall (against the stairs and chimney) to close up tightly.

Yeah, so I guess I had a lot of issues with building the Glencroft, and mine is a bit raggedy,  but I still love it to this day. It is my Miss Marple house.

That's why I configured my stairs originally so I wouldn't have a jut out in the living room. When I found I still did, that's when I moved the stairs to the center of the house. LOL However, Lisa's stairs are entirely inside the staircase and she has nothing jutting our over the living room at all.

And I'm doing my own beams as well.

I didn't have an issue with the chimney/ stairwell outer wall fitting flush because I shaved & sanded on it during the dry fit.

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Is it the chimney/stair thing that juts out over the livingroom?...

I also had an issue with that until Tracy (Minis on the Edge) kindly pointed out the part I had glued in sideways.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! After many hours, I finally lined up the chimney wall. It was user error so my fault! My brother bought this dollhouse for my dad(he just moved to an assisted living facility) thinking that it would give him something to do.  He is 96 and his fingers just don't work like they used to. It has been fun working with him on this house. Thanks again for your help.

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017‎ ‎4‎:‎45‎:‎15‎, Elsbeth said:

Is it the chimney/stair thing that juts out over the livingroom? That gave me endless problems. So did the beams in the living room, and I seem to recall I had issues getting the external wall (against the stairs and chimney) to close up tightly.

Yeah, so I guess I had a lot of issues with building the Glencroft, and mine is a bit raggedy,  but I still love it to this day. It is my Miss Marple house.

The instructions on this part of the house are vague at best. As usual, no diagrams. I had to get up on Pinterest to see completed pics. All I can say is buy stock in a wood putty company because you'll be using a ton of it.

• Like 1

I used some sort of filler...and yes, I found the instructions so vague there. The upstairs stair railing was odd for me - even finished correctly I found it awkward. So I redid it much in much more plainer style and I am sure not to code. So if my dolls ever have a toddler-doll live in the house, they will have to put up some doll-child-proof railings. I just felt those railings jutted in too much. 

• Like 2