NAME Clubs

jeninky

Hi Jennifer :lol:

good to see you here,I just joined a few days ago.

Would love to find out if there is a mini club here in Maine ? Have not done any minis and collecting only a few during the last few years but since late last fall I am gung ho again.

Hugs,

Brigitte

BTW Jenn I got your thank you note today :yes: the content is so sweet.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone interested, there is a great mini club in the SW Florida area (I've just found it myself).

Here are the details:

Mini De-Lites

Meetings held at Betty's Stamp Pad, 1940 Jefferson Ave, Fort Myers, FL.

First Monday of each month at 7pm.

Annual dues are $20.

Contact Collen Walker for more info - colliep@embarqmail.com

Covers Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Estero, Naples and more!

Just wanted to add that we now have a website!!!! www.minidelights.webs.com

It's currently a work in progress. But we hope to soon add free tutorials and lots of other useful mini info!!!

well if you want to start with a NON NAME group all you have to do is find a place to

hold your meetings.. Such as a senior citizens center or Library... Then make some flyers up and

post them around town and in the newspaper... Usually the newspaper will post a free ad for

non profit groups. You can always put flyers on vehicles at restaurants and walmart and places

like that...

Then come up with a few make and take projects easy ones to get peoples interest peeked.

Usually make up around 10 or so to have plenty on hand...

make them for 5 dollars or 10 dollars a piece..

Put that on the flyer that projects will start out being around 5 to 10 dollars so they know what

to expect when they come to the first meeting...

Then hopefully you will have a good turn out and maybe someone that is already crafty that

can help out with making the kits for each month..

after awhile you can rotate each person each monthand they will be responsible for making the kits

for their particular month..

Now if you are starting out you might not want to have meetings in your home cause you do

not know these people good enough to have in your home just yet...

Also if you decide to start a NAME group when you join or if you are a member they have a packet

for you with information on how to start a group in your area and they give you members

name and phone numbers of other members in your state that are close to you..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Verdana

I live in Indiana in a small town at the tip of lake michigan I understand that there is a club in Muncie but that is quite a distance from us In fact all of the clubs are quite a distance from me. We do have a Hobby Lobby about 15 mi and a Michaels about 8 mi Maybe if I put up a small notice in them I might find a small one close enough to go to.

sabrina 2 :)

I usually post this link to newbies when I find out what state they are from....

But Thought I would start a new thread...

Now these groups are NAME clubs and there are others groups out there that are NON Name but I don't know have links to them...

If anyone knows a non Name club that is in your area please post it in this thread so we can keep up with it please..

soooo please check and see if there is a club near your home town!

They are so much fun to go too and being able to meet people in real life that share your hobby..

Hope that you have success in finding one or even starting a club in your area!

http://www.miniatures.org/clubs.shtml

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been trying to get something going in my area, but no luck! I guess there aren't very many mini lovers in central Wisconsin!!??

-Rachel

Rachel, I'm from the Oshkosh area, not sure if you are near there. I was looking for a club nearby too, and the closest one I found to me is Richfield. I'm not a member of anything yet, just looking into it.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this posted on a yahoo group and wanted to let you know!

New group in Ohio!!

Posted by: "Dawn Reese" dreese@ncwcom.com dawniereese

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am (PDT)

The Lorain County Miniature Club will be holding its first meeting on Tuesday June 30th at 7:30pm in the Fellowship Hall at Pittsfield Community church. Everyone is welcome, all scales, we will discuss future meetings and I will be providing a Make-and-take. For more information please visit https://www.dollsandminis.com/Lorain_County_Miniature.html

Please let me know if you have any questions - hope see you there.

Dawn

http://www.dollsandminis.com

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Centerville Ohio, near Dayton. We have two clubs. Dayton Miniture Society that has been around a long time and Daytimers Club which is held at a miniture store in Kettering, Ohio nearby. We meet once a month and sometimes more often if we are doing projects. Don't know what I would do without them.....great ladies in both clubs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

Well, it's finally happened! AMM-Albuquerque Mini Makers will hold it's first meeting on Sunday 1:30-PM!! I'm so excited! I have been trying to get this club off the ground for about 6 months now! I finally found a meeting place! This is a NAME club, but will of course allow non-NAME members to attend! Our charter NAME members are myself, Dianne Bishop, Joyce Bernard, Pete Acquisto, and Jessica Vogsland, Janet Smith and Wanna Newman from El Passo is an honorary member! She is actually in my district even though El Passo is in Texas! Go figure! LOL!

We have 1 long term project planned that will teach lots of techniques! I am enclosing a picture with this post! I found it in a magazine and we are adapting it to our needs! I'm sure it won't look exactly like the picture because we are changing the windows and such, but it will be close!

Please wish us luck with our new club! Anyone who lives close to Albuquerque is welcome!

post-3046-1253111460_thumb.jpg

Boo hoo no clubs or stores anywhere over here. I found a model train store but the owner was less than interested about DH business. I thought maybe I could start something myself? lol

So glad this forum is here at least we have our own "club" and its terrific!

I really can't thank you enough. I used your link and found a mini club right in my town, not 5 minutes from my door! Already sent an email inquiry to the contact person.

This is another fine example of the fabulous support available via generous Forum members.

Perhaps I can get some 'hands on' help from this mini club in my first building endeavor?

Roxie you should start one.. You might be surprised!!

I tried to start one but I could never find a place to hold the meetings so that part is what I am

waiting on now and then I am going to try it again...

I am determined to find someone to mini with.. hehe

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this link posted in 2007, I see! I read it just in time for the Tampa Bay Miniatures Enthusiasts Show & Sale on SATURDAY 11-14-09 !!! And my husband has off of work !!! Should I tell him now that we're going, or should I spring it on him Saturday monring? Hee Hee !!!

This forum is a great place - thanks, Greenleaf !!

:wave: