NAME Clubs

jeninky

Welcome, gail, now pop donw to the newcomers' section and please introduce yourself to everyone. Right off I'd guess you're a Sockee. Don't forget to include your title when you get one. When you've made five posts you can share pictures in the Gallery of all your minis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know there aren't many people in Ontario, Canada on the forum but I wanted to put it out there if anyone might be interested. I'm starting up a miniaturist's club for Saturday's. It can be either bi monthly, monthly or weekly and it will be during the day. The starting date hasn't been set yet but I'd like it to start in May. This will be an informal gathering of people who like to make their own items for dollhouses and don't mind sharing ideas. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more or if you have any suggestions that might help me get this started.

Thanks.

I wish Ontario, Canada, were in closer proximity to Havana, FL, than the internet; I'd love to come play minis with you, Wendy!

I would love to come as well!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi ppl i have a harrison house and i need replacement windows can any one tell me where to get them

its diamond shape glazing . white :lol:

thank you

Ricky, I'm not really sure how I missed this post when we got home & I was catching up, but if you click on the Greenleaf logo at the top of the forum it'l take you to the company home page where you can find contact information to order new windows for your Harrison.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you live in Kentucky and close to Danville and would like to join a new miniature group forming..

Email Babette or Lori at the new dollhouse museum..

bsoverman@gmail.com or lori@thedollhousemuseum.com

• 4 weeks later...

There is one in Lubbock, Texas. I didn't know about it until they had a miniatures show, but we went to it even though I was miserably sick with the flu! I'm sure the fact that sweat was rolling down my face and I was constantly coughing didn't make any of them interested in talking to me! :xmas_tree: I found some wonderful things to buy for my house though!

Anyway, I don't know where and when they meet or how to get in touch with them. I'm afraid my work schedule would make it hard for me to attend anyway...that's why I love these online groups. I've learned so much, seen so many pretty things and met so many great people this way!

• 1 month later...
There is one in Lubbock, Texas. I didn't know about it until they had a miniatures show, but we went to it even though I was miserably sick with the flu! I'm sure the fact that sweat was rolling down my face and I was constantly coughing didn't make any of them interested in talking to me! :wave: I found some wonderful things to buy for my house though!

Anyway, I don't know where and when they meet or how to get in touch with them. I'm afraid my work schedule would make it hard for me to attend anyway...that's why I love these online groups. I've learned so much, seen so many pretty things and met so many great people this way!

Sherry, I live in Big Spring, are you in Lubbock or close by? Let me know if you hear about another miniature show there, might be able to drive the 100 miles to get there for it. We don't have any miniature clubs around here that I know of, might be fun to start one.

Can any one to tell me what steps they took to start one.

Julie C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone interested, there is a great mini club in the SW Florida area (I've just found it myself).

Here are the details:

Mini De-Lites

Meetings held at Betty's Stamp Pad, 1940 Jefferson Ave, Fort Myers, FL.

First Monday of each month at 7pm.

Annual dues are $20.

Contact Collen Walker for more info - colliep@embarqmail.com

Covers Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Estero, Naples and more!

How many people on here are NAME members? Is it something I should do? There really are not any groups in my area that I could find and I am wondering if joining would be worth the money? Any opinions??

Rebecca,

I just saw your question, as I was coming here to say how glad I am that I joined N.A.M.E.! I recently joined our local N.A.M.E. club called Virginia Miniature Enthusiasts, and as such needed to join the national organization. I thought of it just as something I had to do to join the local club, but it is great and well worth the $, I think.

A few days after I joined online, I received a packet in the mail with a pin, certificate, membership card and a few pages of info about N.A.M.E. Then I read about the online region, so I joined that. It took a few days to get the password, as it is handled by volunteers. So, if you join, just be patient with that part, it's not instantaneous.

I have spent a lot of time exploring the site today and it looks really nice! Lots of projects and workshops. Most free, but some really involved ones require a fee. Maybe it's just me, but the projects are GREAT! So many of them are things that I have been thinking about trying to make lately, and here they are with pictures, instructions, templates, etc.

There is also a forum, swaps, a chat room, and a yahoo group that you can join once you are a member. I just signed up for that and am waiting for it to go through, so I can't say how that is, yet. I'm sure there is more, but I haven't been through the whole site. Plus, there is the bi-monthly gazette, which I look forward to reading.

So yes, to me the $35 is well worth it. I am really glad that I joined!

Oh, and if anyone from this area had checked into Virginia Miniature Enthusiasts in the past, but found membership closed, it is now open! I have only been to a few meetings, but it has been fun. I can't get over the talent of some of the people there, and I hope some of it rubs off on me! There's so much I could learn!

Well, that's my review.... :p

ETA - Their forum is very small and doesn't seem to be used much, not at all like here. But still, the rest of the stuff I have found there is great.