NAME Clubs

jeninky

• 2 months later...

these are the two links that I am aware of...

http://www.miniature...wsite/clubs.php

http://www.myminiatures.com/clubs.asp

I am sure there are miniature groups out there that don't belong to NAME please if you know of one please post. ..someone might want to join!

If you want to start a mini club... find a venue first... senior center or your local library usually has a room to use. Have one or two meetings a month.. depends on you

and how your schedule in real life is.

set a date and time that works for you for the first few meetings. then as you get a group find out what works for everyone.

Find at least three or four projects for at least 5 people. have kits ready... You will be in charge for at least 6 months to a year.

then once you have the place and date and time and your projects ready... Oh get a new email address that you can use for your advertising purposes..

like a Gmail or a Yahoo..

Then advertise online or in the newspaper and online mini groups... Facebook has some miniature groups... Yahoo has groups. Here at Greenleaf...

Word of mouth usually helps.

Once you have 5 people you can contact NAME and have your group be a NAME group if you want too that is up to you and the group!

They will give you a packet to help keep you going and give you tips as well..

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

In my area at least, there is no official group though my friends and I have organized quite a small group that works just the same. We used to trade miniatures before and borrow whatever one does not see fit and have it for display when some friends come over.

I like it that my nieces are interested with it as well, which gives me good prospects for hand me downs.

• 2 weeks later...

saw this posted and wanted to share with everyone! if you send me a PM I will give you the ladies email address so you can write her directly if you live close!

Just to let everyone know that if you live in the

central Indiana area and looking for a mini club a new one is being formed.

Details are:

Day: 2nd Sat. of each month

Time: 12 - 2:30pm

Where: Pendleton, IN Library

595 E. Water St

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live in TN and I would love to join one or maybe even start one but I don't know of any near my area. There are three Hobby Lobby stores near me and I hope some else besides myself is buying dollhouse stuff. :D I thought about asking someone in the store about offering classes or hosting a meeting to see how many adults would be interested. I did drive to Atlanta for a show hosted by one of their clubs last year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone is in the area of the Central Valley in California, specifically Riverbank California, a group of fun miniaturists meet EVERY Saturday at noon at Huntley House Miniatures. message me for specific info

The Lorain County Miniatures Club, here in northeast Ohio, begins this years meetings on Tuesday March 20th. We meet March through November, the 3rd Tuesday of each month. We have all ages, everyone is welcome. PM me if interested.

• 7 months later...

For those of you that don't have a club in your area, keep in mind that NAME has an "online club." You can get the full benefits of being a NAME member, as well as joining many others who are in this club. It is also good to know that local mini clubs have been formed by people who have met in the online group. Here are some of the benfits of being a member:

http://miniatures.org/benefits.php

I found a group locally, but don't get to meet with them often as they meet on Wednesday mornings twice a month and many times I am out of town. They still keep me informed of the club news and I also signed up for the online club as another resource. It also helps that NAME's headquarters are a short drive from home.

Check out the site and don't be afraid to ask them or any NAME members questions. They are more than willing to help. Here is the main site:

http://miniatures.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding clubs, I have a question. Are they groups that meet so you can visit and chat and get help while you work on your own project? Or are they clubs that decide on a project and each make their own of the same thing? I've seen exhibits at shows that are all the same project.

The only club I'm aware of around here all make the same project and the club is by invitation only. Be interesting to hear what you club members have to say!

Regarding clubs, I have a question. Are they groups that meet so you can visit and chat and get help while you work on your own project? Or are they clubs that decide on a project and each make their own of the same thing? I've seen exhibits at shows that are all the same project.

The only club I'm aware of around here all make the same project and the club is by invitation only. Be interesting to hear what you club members have to say!

The club I belong to meets twice per month. We do group projects and each takes turns teaching classes one meeting per month. The other meeting is for working on your own projects, sharing and getting help from others.

Each club does their own "thing." A couple of ladies in the group have recently been working on centerpieces for the upcoming regional meeting in Lexington.

If you Google NAME and the different regions like A-3 and E-1 you can find some sites with newsletters and other notes. Also, read about the online group that I mentioned above and that will also give you a good idea.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If anyone is in the area of the Central Valley in California, specifically Riverbank California, a group of fun miniaturists meet EVERY Saturday at noon at Huntley House Miniatures. message me for specific info

I don't live in the Central Valley, I'm more.. Northern Cali.. but it's ok. I didn't expect to find a group close enough for me to go, heck.. I don't even go to my DoS meeting once a month, anymore. LOL..can't sit for 4 hours while they hash out refreshment orders. (sigh) Anyway, It's more that I just can't sit for very long without needing to get up and move around. With the lodge meetings, we have to sit for long periods and I can't, so I don't go. I am supposed to go in January because one of the ladies that did my intake assessment, passed and we're draping the altar in her memory. I doubt I'll be able to handle it. I should try though. That's beside the point... The miniatures groups sound like fun. I want to try to go to one, if for no other reason than to meet with like-minded folk and maybe learn a thing or two. :) I'll keep looking!!

~morning

I don't live in the Central Valley, I'm more.. Northern Cali.. but it's ok. I didn't expect to find a group close enough for me to go, heck.. I don't even go to my DoS meeting once a month, anymore. LOL..can't sit for 4 hours while they hash out refreshment orders. (sigh) Anyway, It's more that I just can't sit for very long without needing to get up and move around. With the lodge meetings, we have to sit for long periods and I can't, so I don't go. I am supposed to go in January because one of the ladies that did my intake assessment, passed and we're draping the altar in her memory. I doubt I'll be able to handle it. I should try though. That's beside the point... The miniatures groups sound like fun. I want to try to go to one, if for no other reason than to meet with like-minded folk and maybe learn a thing or two. :) I'll keep looking!!

~morning

Have you checked with Barbara at The Elegant Dollhouse shop in Sacramento she may be able to point you to a club in the area.

Valerie

• Like 1

Thank you, queenannediva. :D I haven't yet, but after the holidays I will make it a point to. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to get myself into one of the groups and start participating. I don't go out much, and to have something where I'm actively involved would be good for me.

<3

~morning

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've found one that's 20 minutes from me and in the evening, once a month. I know I would learn a lot but I really want to focus on my project and not have to be making projects for the club.

But things change. And next month they're starting work on a room box with a chimney breast and that would be useful for me....

• 3 weeks later...