Paint selection help

Hello all, I've made my paint decisions but I cannot for the life of me remember where I read what finishes to select. It seems that the finishes differed from what is normally chosen for a human home. I need to pick up color for the door, trim, and body of the Beachouse Bungalow. I thought I read what finishes l needed in the direction booklet but I cannot find it. Anyone help? Also, suggested amounts needed? I'm on my way out to pick it up now. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, LBB ( Amber) 

I would also appreciate pointers on selecting colors in penetrating stain for roof and any and all pointers on selecting a surface stain for the floor boards. 

Edited by Littlebirdieb

Hi, Amber. It's best to avoid very shiny surfaces as they reflect light and show up all irregularities in the surface; not very realistic. If you're getting house paint, the samples usually come in a satin finish, which works well. There is enough paint in the house paint samples for the body of the house. As for amounts, a few ounces (craft paint size) will be fine for the door and trim. If you're using craft paint for the house body, maybe get two bottles to be sure, although one might probably be enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Hi, Amber. It's best to avoid very shiny surfaces as they reflect light and show up all irregularities in the surface; not very realistic. If you're getting house paint, the samples usually come in a satin finish, which works well. There is enough paint in the house paint samples for the body of the house. As for amounts, a few ounces (craft paint size) will be fine for the door and trim. If you're using craft paint for the house body, maybe get two bottles to be sure, although one might probably be enough. 

I'm getting the sample cans. I appreciate your help. Thank you!