Miniature House Windows Wanted!

madtex1967

It's my turn, Like Carmen's, to ask for help.  

I am in search of two windows for my Cape May.  I am replacing the windows in the house with the Miniature House (later Classics) Yorktown Windows.  To me they look more Victorian Style that Colonial.  Anyway, I came across the smaller version of the window for attics.  It was in a lot of building items I purchased some time back on eBay.  But I only have one.  I have added two more dormer windows (for a total of 3) to the attic and would love to have the windows match the rest of the house.  As you can see by the picture, they are only 2" x 4" in size.

Can anyone help, either locate at a retailer or have in their stash?  I am will to pay for them!

Thanks!

588172046f2d4_2017-01-1920.09.43.jpg.93d

2017-01-19 19.53.47.jpg

Sadly they didn't have the small window; I grabbed the last 2 of the same style that they had, but they are doubles. If you want to use them as a last resort to bash them, you can have them. I will keep looking online, I always love to have a motive to be surfing around!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017, 6:07:39, fov said:

It might not turn out exactly the same, but could you possibly make some by adding trims to plain half scale windows?

I think I am going to try that.  I have bunches of strip wood and dental trim.  Since they are not next to one another (just near), the differences may not show!

This site has Classics/Handley house trims that might be helpful in your recreation attempts. :)

http://www.oakridgehobbies.com/dollhouse-supplies/1-inch-scale-dollhouse-building-supplies/1-inch-scale-dollhouse-windows-doors-and-trims/classics-1-inch-scale-dollhouse-miniature-dentil-molding-3-8-x-24l-cla70268.html?___SID=U

And if you want that little side trim detail you might be able to remove the bracket portion from these to recreate.

http://www.oakridgehobbies.com/classics-1-inch-scale-dollhouse-miniature-victorian-brackets-6-pcs-cla70217.html

The pediment might be difficult but maybe a standart yorktown pediment from houseworks and then some other smaller pediment upside down for the top bit?? :sad?:

In any case, they don't have to exactly match. It's not unusual for upper windows to be complimentary rather than exact copies in RL houses.

Like this one. :D

Related image

• 4 weeks later...

So, an update!  I took Samantha's advice and I built my own copies for my other two windows!  I am very pleased with how they look.  I don't think anyone will notice any difference.  The original window will go on the single dormer.  It is the one in the middle of the three.  Some of my stash of wood strips and trim came in handy!

2017-03-09 19.49.14.jpg

2017-03-09 19.49.40.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

So, an update!  I took Samantha's advice and I built my own copies for my other two windows!  I am very pleased with how they look.  I don't think anyone will notice any difference.  The original window will go on the single dormer.  It is the one in the middle of the three.  Some of my stash of wood strips and trim came in handy!

Well, I can't take credit for the idea, that was Emily's ;) 

But Bravo!:clap: They are fantastic reproductions and like you said. Any teeny tiny minor differences will fade away once in situ on the roof. 

Awesome job!, I am still looking wherever I find some of the double or single windows of this style, but the little ones are nowhere to be found. I suppose that maybe one of those brick and mortar stores, somewhere, might still have some left over, but finding them it's a matter of good luck!  Sweet!!!

O - KAY then! Now I know who to ask when I need my own Miniature House windows replicated!

About 10 years or so ago I bought a set of already painted Miniature House windows on eBay. I've seen them exactly once since then. Someone was selling a house on Craig's List with a bunch of the same windows in it. The house was $50 and it didn't occur to me to buy it for the ten or fifteen windows it had until after it was sold. That's me, always not thinking.

Anyway, I am now one window short and having a fit. So Matt, I know what you're going through. Beautiful job, by the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/5/2017, 9:03:23, Samusa said:

I saw theses when they first listed them.  I think they are a bit pricey.  I did find others from Australia of all places.  I purchased them and with shipping were less each than those.

• 4 weeks later...