I'm Back!

pdlnpeabody

I've been offline for a while- my PC crashed several months ago and I just replaced it.

I got the settlement for the motorcycle accident just a few days before the new year, so I have been replacing things that were lost or damaged.  The PC was also on the list.  With adulthood quickly approaching (I'll be 42 in a few months) and my DW making me promise to it, I finally bought my very first car.  It should be noted that actually driving it was never discussed in the negotiations.

Nothing sporty, just another minivan.  It's a 2016 Kia Sedona.  The one we have is pretty worn out.  The plan is, whomever doesn't have the kids, drives the old one, and we use the new one for family outings.  Once the old one is paid off or dies, we'll replace it with a car.  My DW likes Camaros and Mustangs. 

I went with my riding club to Panama City Beach back in September and I'm riding with them to Miami next weekend.  The replacement bike is a fun, comfortable ride, but the lousy fuel economy (or lack thereof) is a problem.

• Like 1

Happy to see you back Jeremy, Hope that the New car/van serves you well :) I also Hope that life is a bit less Hectic Now and that you and the family are well

hugs

• Like 1

Wish I was working on the Tudor house, but my DW has gotten into the habit of giving our almost 2 year old caffeinated soda.  When I would normally be working on it, our little Shailene is bouncing off the walls instead of sleeping.  The only light at the end of the tunnel is that I have finally gotten back on a regular day shift, so I will have my evenings, once I get this new soda routine stopped.

We spent new year's weekend in Atlanta, and I had hoped to visit the doll house shop in Lawrenceville, but it was closed for the holidays.   One part of the trip that was a success, was the detour to Senioa, Georgia.  It's the little town where they film "The Walking Dead" (a zombie apocalypse T.V. show).  One of the actors, Norman Reedus, is co-owner of a little restaurant on the town's main street.  It was cold and rainy, but we recognized many parts of the show while we were there.  It has some really nice little buildings and houses.  I also got some suggestions on how to get around the Trademark clearance needed to build a mini Harley-Davidson dealership.  It's next on my project list, once the Tudor is finished.

• Like 1