Rekindled love of all things mini - SoCal

Qubanqtee

Hello Everyone, I'm new to these forums but not new to the love of minis.  I'm from Southern California and I live in Rancho Cucamonga - that's on the way to Palm Springs in one direction and Las Vegas in another.  My first build was a Dura-Craft Farmhouse. ...not sure what I was thinking, or not thinking.  But now I have time to revise this first love and I have a Dura craft San Franciscan 555 to build, a Greenleaf Glencroft  and a Willowcrest kit waiting for me to assemble.  I am however on the hunt for a 1:12 Hacienda Style plans.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyones homes and learning from all of you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! :wave:

I love the San Fran 555, I think it's trim work is beautiful. I saw a gallery here where someone turned a duracraft farmhouse into an adobe. Don't be afraid to bash to get what you want! Most of all, have fun! :D

well I'm learning very quickly that it's definitely not easier  when it's "smaller" with the Willowcrest

- thank goodness I'm dry fitting and taking it slow - haven't even cracked open the glue hahahaha

I'm headed to Orlando for a few days and hoping to get a peek at Ron's Miniatures & Museum  and see what my wallet will stand to part with! 

When I die I want to go to Ron's.  Plan to spend most of a day.  I had a Willowcrest sitting in my UFO stack for a few years, but the only time it spoke to me was to bash it bigger, and even though I recruited our Judith, Queen of Bashing, we couldn't figure out how to do it and maintain its gorgeous lines, so I swapped it with another member.

• Like 1

Hi Susie, Welcome to this great group. 

I am also in SoCal, Dana Point. My passion is 1/2" (1/24") scale. This way I can have double the amount.....just kidding

No I really love it. Hope you were able to weather our storms. Did you go to any of the Jan./Feb. shows?

Gail  :bear:

Hi!  The storms have certainly been interesting!  I was fortunate enough to go to Ron's Miniatures in Orlando last week when we were there - what an amazing store!  I restrained myself only because I couldn't fit anymore in to my luggage hahahahahahahaha.  Got a few things and chatted with Ron about all their houses and it was a great afternoon.  I want to one show in Anaheim in January but wasn't able to go to the one in San Diego ... hoping I can get to a few more soon.

• Like 2