My First Dollhouse Room!

6 posts in this topic

Hey friends, I'm new here, and wanted to show off the first dollhouse room i ever made! All the furniture was made by me using walnut, and the floors and windows are with basswood. The walls are actually foam board covered in plaster. I was able to emboss the brickwork right into the foam board, and then use a polishing powder to fill in the grout. 

The door was also made of basswood, and the stone is polymer clay. The food you see in the photos was also made by me. ;3

Link leads to images. 

http://imgur.com/a/cM1j2 

Edited by Charming Cuisine
2 people like this

Very, very nice.  Pretty details on the cabinets, and a clever way to make brickwork.  It looks good.

1 person likes this

Thanks! I learned a ton from this project. I didn't really have the proper tools, but now that I have a mini dremel saw, i'll have better accuracy.

I do hope you will post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  You do very nice work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• My first project is complete and it has special meaning!
      By rocks911
      I spent a lot of time at my grandparents when I was a child. After my grandpa's passing I wanted to create a room box of their kitchen, as this is where we spent most of our time. I can still remember my grandpa sitting at his special place at the table and my grandma slaving over the store making one of her many, delicious suppers! It took me years to complete the room box because of time restraints but I can happily say that I think I'm complete! I actually completed it just in time to showcase it at my grandma's funeral. It was a huge hit!

Started w/the outside; Family pictures at my grandparent's over the years

In progress- Photo of my Grandpa and niece at the kitchen table. Starting to looks so real!

My grandpa taught me how to color so a coloring book and crayons on the table were a must!

Walking into the kitchen; I always remembered the duck on the counter holding pens and bills, the family tree plaques and antlers above my grandpa's chair, some type of pie or baked good being prepped for baking on the counter, green Kool-Aid was always made in the waiting in the frig, my grandpa's inhailer always on the window sill by his chair at the table, the latest family photos stuck in the trim behind my Grandpa's chair, the rug that my Grandpa had to have under his feet when sitting at the table and the most important- cards on the table from the hundreds of crazy 8 games that were played!

The retro metal sink and dumplings cooking on the stove (a family fav!)

My grandparents only source of heat! This was also grandma's favorite way of cooking. Notice the huge burn mark on the floor- that was Grandma- she dropped the stove cover one day! Opps!

Top view of the entire roombox

My grandpa and his annual growing of his amaryllis. Notice it on the table!

My grandparents! My Inspiration! Miss them dearly!

• 100-2228.JPG
      By Emerald
      This is a 1:12 room box we made a year ago to try out open ideas.  I used 1/4 channel for the plexiglass to go in.
    • rsz-img-4371.jpg
      By Mid-life madness
      Dremel mishap
      craft stick flooring
    • Painted Lady
      By Garnet
      Hello, 
      I am new here and would love some help. I purchased the RGT painted lady as my first dollhouse to build. However upon research, I have discovered that this hobby is not only expensive but it is also extremely difficult. Does anyone have a site or any help as to the best way to start? I opened the box 2 weeks ago and became instantly overwhelmed. I haven't touched it since. I was looking to make it as realistic as possible.