Jumping in with a vengance

Hello!

I am so happy to have found such a great place to connect with like-minded souls!  I live in the Seattle area  (by way of the Midwest and East Coast). I just bought dollhouse from the 1970s.  It has been beaten and battered a bit, but it has so much potential.  I am now on a mission to make it better than ever.  I welcome any and all advice!

front of house.jpg

back of house better.jpg

Edited by minifixerupper
  • Like 1

The first thing I would do is measure all of the window openings and begin looking at sites like www.miniatures.com for windows.  Next I would get a good paint scraper and remove the roof shingles, shutters, wallpaper, flooring. Clean it well and spray with a Kilz Primer. Then you have a clean slate to work with. Personally, I would eliminate the center staircase walls.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sable said:

Do you have any good wood cutting tools? You may have to make the window openings smaller or larger depending on what Windows you commit to.

I received your PM. You can hit the "quote" button if you want to reference a prior comment.

A good multipurpose oscillating tool is very handy to have. It cuts into window and door openings and also has sanding attachments for wood flooring. The attached one has easy to get replacement blades:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Dremel-2-3-Amp-Oscillating-Tool-Kit/50039014?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA_ONLY-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-SosPneu,Air,RotaryShopEquip-_-50039014:Dremel&CAWELAID=&kpid=50039014&CAGPSPN=pla&k_clickID=25e47223-5ec6-40f9-8667-3960879c16c8

• 2 weeks later...