Hi!

Bernie Reyes

Hello greetings from Peru
My name is Bernardo and together with my mother we started to build some doll houses ... the first one we built was a DIY kit of those Chinese I think, that comes with everything and the furniture to put together ... "Alicia House "I think it was called.
But later we wanted to overcome that skill and build a better house, and we heard about Greenleaf houses online ... my mother was interested in the 1:24 scale fairfield model and last year we bought it.
It is necessary to say that in my country this hobby is difficult because here there are not many places where they sell materials of construction or furniture, reason why we had to buy them online. Fortunately the project is moving forward and I would like to show you how it has been, as well as ask for advice on a 1/12 scale home that my mother could acquire, as it was too difficult to accommodate the 1/24 house. Thank you

P1060639.JPG

Edited by Bernie Reyes

Muy bienvenido, Bernardo y su mamá. :)  Yes, it is often difficult to get supplies overseas. But there are a lot of tutorials online that can help you make many things. And it is easier to get things for the 1:12 scale. 

Buena suerte. 

Hola Bernardo! que bueno que te hayas unido a este foro, vas a encontrar un monton de informacion, ayuda y gente extraordinaria con muchisima experiencia para compartir. Lo saben todo!. Amo este foro! Yo soy de origen dominicana, y empece a fines del 2012. Siempre adore las casitas pero nunca pude tenerlas por falta de dinero y tiempo, pero mis hijos son grandes ya y por fin pude empezar esta pasion. Tengo el kit de la Fairfield pero esta esperando su turno para traerlo a la vida!jajaj. Empiezas por un kit y en menos de lo que canta un gallo ya tienes 5 en turno esperando! Este hobby es adictivo! OJO!. Bueno, bienvenido tu y tu madre al foro! Adoraras este mini mundo!:D

Hi Bernardo! I am so glad that you decided to joint this forum, you will find here lots of information, help and extraordinary people with lots of experience to share. They know everything! I love this forum! I was born dominican, and I started this hobby at the end of 2012. I always adored dollhouses but I never could do it for lack of time and money, but now my kids are grown and I could finally take off with this passion. I have the Fairfield kit waiting its turn to come to life! haha! You usually start with one kit and before you know it you will have 5 waiting for their turn! This hobby is addictive! watch out! Welcome you and your Mom to this forum! You will love this Mini-World!:D

Post more pictures of your Fairfield, I can't wait to see the decorated interior!

• Like 1

Hola, Bernardo, y bienvenido al pequena familia.  Hi, Bernardo, and welcome to the little family.  Hopefully one of the moderators will move this to the Newcomers' Forum.  I built two Fairfields at the same time and other than the few kits I found I had to make furniture for it myself, as the ready-made sets I found were closer to 1:32 scale and MUCH too small.  I have several books of patterns for 1:12 furniture, so I just used my graph paper and reduced the patterns to 1:24.  I found that HO scale model railroad culverts make nice 1:24 chimneybreasts.

At the upper left of every page under the Greenleaf logo there is a toolbar, and the rightmost button is "store"; you can click on that to go to the company's store to see all the dollhouse kits they currently make, as well as some of the accessories.

Hi and welcome! I can understand your problem with finding supplies, I have the same issue where I live and specially with 1:24 scale... I had to import both my kit as well as most of my building components and decorations. But I'm glad I took the risk as I ended up loving this hobby and learning so much! 

The Fairfield is a great choice for a first build I think, very nice kit to work with and a "big house" that doesn't take up too much space! I'd love to see more pictures of your build :)