Hello from Iowa

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be here. My name is Jessica and I'm 27. I have always loved miniatures and dollhouses since I was a little girl. Last year my husband agreed to help me with a dollhouse project and we just haven't really gotten anything started yet, so we'll be purchasing an Arthur or an Orchid in the next month or so to start. I had to register an account after I went through an entire album of someone modding an Orchid. I don't know exactly what I'll do with it yet, but I've been an avid crafter my whole life and I am SO excited to finally have my own dollhouse project! I'm not working currently due to being a full time student and expecting our first child in June, so I have my fingers crossed that after we purchase the startup supplies, I'll be able to keep myself busy DIYing a lot of the necessities :D 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Jessica.  If this is your first baby I guess you'll have a full-time live-in nanny & maid if you're going to have time to build a dollhouse...

haha if we expected it to be done right after the baby arrives, maybe! but we talked about how this could be a project that would take years, and DH & I are both good with that ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017, 2:13:03, Debora59 said:

NW NE or central? I grew up in NW IOWA

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I couldn't resist asking whereabouts in NW Iowa.  My grandparents (both sets)  lived in Estherville, and I spent a good chunk of every summer at the lakes (I as born in Cedar Rapids but grew up in SW Minnesota).

Small world, Storm Lake IA

17 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I couldn't resist asking whereabouts in NW Iowa.  My grandparents (both sets)  lived in Estherville, and I spent a good chunk of every summer at the lakes (I as born in Cedar Rapids but grew up in SW Minnesota).