Brinca Dada Emerson

cloudbound

2 minutes ago, cloudbound said:

No luck.  Any suggestions

I make my photos smaller with PowerPoint.  That way, I can also crop them and sometimes tweak the brightness or color.  I import the picture, do any cropping, then  "save as" a .jpg file.  This makes the file size considerably smaller, but it still works.

I wish my son was here - he's aces at all this stuff. 

I have to tell you (with a squeal of delight) - I just finished gluing everything back together for the basic wall unit kitchen structure and it looks so neato!  I see where I made my mistake for the measurements in the first place - I was looking at the dimensions for the island - with the breakfast bar that sticks out an extra 3/4 inch!  I'm so glad I didn't allow myself to take the lazy way out and leave it the way it was...  

Does this site allow us to give out our e-mail address?  I'd love to see other photos of your own dollhouse and how you've decorated.  And then I could send you some of mine for feedback. 

19 minutes ago, cloudbound said:

Does this site allow us to give out our e-mail address?

I think you can PM someone if you want to exchange more private information.  I wouldn't post your e-mail address directly on the forums.

I am just starting a modern mini house in 24th scale, so haven't yet made much for it.  Am currently converting the plans for Mitchy-Moo's retro sofa from 1:12 to 1:24. The pictures that I have so far are posted in my Merrimack album, and I will be posting more.  I'd love to see your pictures, and hope you can post them soon.  Isn't it exciting when things work and come out just the way you wanted them to?

Patricia,  you don't EVER want to post your private info on any public forum; webbots and spammers are constantly cruising sites like this looking for that sort of information.  As Deborah mentioned, that's what our PM system is for.

Well I am still trying to figure out how to reduce the file size and I finally got one small enough to attach.  This is the Brinca with the living room furniture I made in it.  (I think the living room is supposed to be DOWNSTAIRS though - ha, ha)

Special 1.jpg

• Like 1

And here're the two kitchen units I finished yesterday.  But the clarity of the photos are really bad after reducing them.  You get the idea though.  Funny thing is -- the Tomy kitchen pieces I have here for my granddaughter's dollhouse are just the right size AND they have the bright yellow I love.  Silly me - I should've seen what I could snatch out of her dollhouse first.  I like the bright colors so most of the smaller Tomy and or Lundby pieces won't work for me. 

Special for greenleaf.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cloudbound said:

Well I am still trying to figure out how to reduce the file size and I finally got one small enough to attach.  This is the Brinca with the living room furniture I made in it.  (I think the living room is supposed to be DOWNSTAIRS though - ha, ha)

Special 1.jpg

Not necessarily; it's a Brinca Dada house, after all...