Need a push !!! :-(

Imblessedwth6

You can do this!! Just start on a small piece and soon you'll be on your way! Once you get started, the fear will disappear and be replaced by excitement!! I always figure I can fix or make new if I mess up, you can too! Go for it!! get started tomorrow! happy days to you!

Hi,

Good post and price!  I feel the same way. as I was not sure where to start and heaven forbid, what if I make a mistake. eek!  

Well, I just went for it, as it was hard at first, but I started with the little things I could fix and replace to gain confidence and I'm still at that stage, but more confident now then ever (and this is my first home).  However, I'm sure we both enjoy what we have and I find it wonderful to sit and think of what these little homes are today, and where they will look like in the future.
Good Luck, I'm sure what ever you do, it will be warm and beautiful.

2 hours ago, Imblessedwth6 said:

I had a small two room House I picked up at a garage sale. Mostly as practice.  Now I just got an RGT Victoria's Farmhouse.  About 25% complete for just $40.   Yipee!!!!!!!   But now I just keep looking things up and can't start on either one for fear of messing it up.

If you mess it up, you will fix it.  Now get to it!

RGT Victoria's Farmhouse.  About 25% complete for just $40. ...excellent find!

Yep! Just jump in and have at it. Most times, mistakes can be fixed.   You will never learn until you try. ;)  Good luck and never fear.ask here for help.

I always say, unless you set fire to it, it can be fixed. It's just wood. It can be sanded, painted, patched, covered, wallpapered, etc. Over and over again, too. Little trim bits can be made or bought, same for doors and windows.

I've also been stuck on a build lately, not really afraid that I'll mess something up, but more afraid to commit to a decision. What color to paint the wall tile? If I paint the tile ___ then what color will the floor be? I want to add wainscoting to some rooms, but still want a casual look, so is wainscoting a mistake? I want a soft, soothing, monochromatic white interior, but will it be boring? I want wallpaper, but don't want a lot of color and pattern. I finally decided to just get floors and ceilings done, but got stuck there, too. Ceilings white-white or the trim color? Where do I make the flooring transitions in open doorways? On and on.

I have a few days off, and decided that starting today work WILL get done. Even if it's just cutting templates, I cannot just let the house sit and gather dust in a mess of failure.    

• Like 2