I am sad to tell you ...

KathieB

Kathy my heart aches for you! You and your family have my deepest sympathies.  Having just gone thru this with my dad only 4 weeks ago, and just this past week beginning the process of walking what may be her final days on earth with my mother.... {{hugs}} to you!

Oh Kathie, I can't even find the words to express my sorrow.  Lloyd may have been one of the sweetest, kindest human beings I ever had the privilege to meet.  Sometimes there are angels sent down to walk among us; bringing smiles and joy to everyone they encounter.  I think Lloyd was one of those angels.  <wiping away the tears>  The world was a better place for having had that man in it.  Our hearts and prayers are with you dear lady.  

• Like 1

Dear Kathie, there are no words to tell you how sad I am to hear this. I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to meet Lloyd, to have shared meals with him, and enjoyed his company. I will treasure his memory as one of the most bright and colorful people I have ever met. Thank you for sharing Lloyd with me.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

i'm sending you prayers, strength, and my most heartfelt wishes to help you through this time. 

Kathie, I saw this and I feel what Sable said - that Lloyd was part of our community here. I feel the shock of losing him, as I didn't think he was at all ill. And of course, you must be devastated.

Please accept my sympathies and if you need someone to talk to, complain to, listen to you, or anything else, just drop me a PM and we'll exchange numbers or something. Right now I'm hugging you for all I'm worth all the way from Washington to Louisiana.

So sorry, Kathie. All I can do is send you a bushel of love and a case of cyber hugs. We'll be praying for you during these next few days and weeks with all the planning and preparation you must do. :console:

Thank you all for your virtual hugs and messages. I can feel the love. I have many family and friends supporting me as the things-to-do list grows ever longer. 

Lloyd's obituary

http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?pid=183915877

7 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Thank you all for your virtual hugs and messages. I can feel the love. I have many family and friends supporting me as the things-to-do list grows ever longer. 

Lloyd's obituary

http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?pid=183915877

Felt like I got to know Lloyd a bit more Reading the obituary. Sending on hugs and wish I could have been there for the to-do list too!

HUGS

My thanks to all for your kind and supportive words. Holly and her DH attended the funeral and were a great comfort. The mass and repast were attended by about 150-160 people, a remarkable turnout for a work day. I was particularly heartened by the number of former students who came to pay their respects and spoke out about how Lloyd was a mentor who helped to shape their lives, both professionally (many are professional artists and educators) and personally. His alma mater (and where he taught art for 20 years), Xavier University of New Orleans, has scheduled a memorial mass in the school chapel for February 23rd. Meanwhile, I am keeping busy with all of the details that need attention.

• Like 4

For those of you who have not had the joy of meeting Lloyd Bennett, his passing has left a hole in the world.  We stopped over in Ocean Springs, MS, to spend the night and ate supper at Phoenicia, the first time we'd been back since meeting Lloyd, Kathie & Chris there one afternoon for lunch & visit, and were just overwhelmed with all the happy memories.  We were thrilled to meet so many  of Lloyd's delightful family; it's easy to see what made him such a gracious, lovely person.  We are looking forward to getting together again with Kathie, once things have calmed down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

For those of you who have not had the joy of meeting Lloyd Bennett, his passing has left a hole in the world.  We stopped over in Ocean Springs, MS, to spend the night and ate supper at Phoenicia, the first time we'd been back since meeting Lloyd, Kathie & Chris there one afternoon for lunch & visit, and were just overwhelmed with all the happy memories.  We were thrilled to meet so many  of Lloyd's delightful family; it's easy to see what made him such a gracious, lovely person.  We are looking forward to getting together again with Kathie, once things have calmed down.

Omg Holly that is so not fair. . That is my favorite food stop in ocean springs.  Can't wait to move there and get out  of misery .  I'm addicted to the kibble 

5 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Omg Holly that is so not fair. . That is my favorite food stop in ocean springs.  Can't wait to move there and get out  of misery .  I'm addicted to the kibble 

Well, so move soon! We can arrange another meet-up! :) 

• Like 1